A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

I am getting her back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am getting her back!!!

Man, its been some years since I have been out here. I had a 02 2.7 A6 that I sold to a buddy of mine a little over a year ago. I "thought" I was going to get something new/different after being overseas for a bit, but once I got back home I realized there wasn't anything else I wanted, or wanted to afford. I don't want a new payment, nor do I want to re-do someone else's issues. So my buddy told me he was looking to sell it and I couldn't resist. So looks like I will be back on here again! haahaa!

My plan is to take my time and really bring this girl back to tip top shape. I already have a list of what I remembered needed to be replaced before I sold it.

- Suspension (Has eibach springs and Koni sport shocks -> thinking of going with KW coilovers)
- One turbo is leaking oil, the driver side...so this is an engine drop! But thinking of going up on these.
- Linkage/control arm bushings
- Interior -> driver seat has split leather and the lumbar support isn't working...and I have a not so good back!
- Replace all the worn out components on the interior.
- Headliner!!! I may go with suede...but depends on the bank account.

As far as I know the engine is good to go. I had the timing belt redone, clutch/flywheel, most sensors, fuel tank and pump replaced before I sold it.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this "restore"!

So if you guys have suggestions on any of the above, please let me know your thoughts. I am looking for a good shop online that sales the OEM parts for the interior of the car. I have a great mechanic here in Atlanta so I have that covered, but going to do as much DIY as I can before I set her to the shop.

Going to get her in a week or two....

Cheers Fellas!

Jerry
Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts

owning an Audi is like being part of the mob ... just when you think you are out ......

im on my second too and trying to get out , but an attractive S5 and a teenager son are pulling me back in .
Old 01-08-2015, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

okay well first off congrats on getting the "ol' girl" back

engine:
now if you are doing the turbos, you better go bigger.
get some forge 007 DV's they sounds cool and bring a little more horses out of it.
lightweight pulleys are always cool
cold air intake (get one for a 2.8 and make it fit, the 2.7t ones are like $300)
if you do the turbos make sure you get everything else too like the DV's and fuel injectors and a tune.
You should get a tune either way, epictuning has a decent tune for $300 instead of the $600 from APR
if youre bored one day you could reroute the battery to the trunk and put the coolant tank where the battery is. Just so the bay looks clean.
these are all things i want for mine so if you do some please post

interior:
LED lights all around especially on the lights when you open the door
new steering wheel, that ones ugly.
short shifter
rs6 pedals
maybe door speakers? i know mine are blown lol
make the trunk hardwood? (something ive always wanted to do just cuz, make sure to keep the old lining cuz you dont wanna be stuck with it, fun way to waste some time tho, that much hardwood is cheap. maybe free if you have a buddy in construction)
wheels? not really interior but still

thats all i got man. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks all! Yeah, with regards to the turbos I need to do some more research to find out what all needs to be done when changing them. Of course I know my mechanic would let me know all that I need to do...but I want to research it to get an idea of what I will need to pay.

Hardwood in the trunk. Now that sounds like a project! lol! Cool idea though.

I will definitely update the forum as I make the updates.

Btw, I already chipped the car with an APR software update. It think I got the 97 octane update...can't remember though. it was over 5 years ago now.