A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Interior lights problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights problem

Hi guys,

In my A6 from 2001 (Europe) with 2.5 v6 engine and Quattro (although that doesn't make a difference I guess?) only the interior lights from the front seats do work (with the switch, and with opening/closing the doors).

Above the back seat only the lights for reading work, the bigger central unit doesn't, and in the boot nothing works.

Regardless if there are any doors opened, and regardless of the position of the switches, I never get 12V on the sockets from the back seat/boot. For the boot I checked with and without headlights on, as that was supposed to make a difference with certain models? But no result.. All 4 door switches (the ones that let the car know if the door is open/closed) do work, I'm unsure about the boot switch but considering that the light switch itself makes no difference there and the doors don't make a difference for the back seat I don't think that's an issue here right now.
Something I find strange (but maybe isn't?) is that the lights for your feet at the back seat do work when opening a door.. Also the mini red lights in the switches that indicate where the switches in the roof are, all do work.

Is there somebody with an idea or (similar) experience? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Alwin
Old 11-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just bumping this thread, I'm having the same issue on A8 2003 (D3)...

Also, the button for the rear blind does not work (the button is located above the back seat).
Old 11-14-2015, 08:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have resolved my issue
(not the boot light - that one still doesn't work)

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that the "problem" was that the "child lock" button on the driver's door was enabled

When enabled, it has two (red and orange) 'window' icons on it.
I pressed it and my roof controls started working again

BTW, I first did "output tests" for the roof controls using VCDS, and I found out that the lights on the roof console were good (they were turning on and off during the tests).
Old 11-14-2015, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bomberaya
I have resolved my issue
(not the boot light - that one still doesn't work)

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that the "problem" was that the "child lock" button on the driver's door was enabled

When enabled, it has two (red and orange) 'window' icons on it.
I pressed it and my roof controls started working again

BTW, I first did "output tests" for the roof controls using VCDS, and I found out that the lights on the roof console were good (they were turning on and off during the tests).
Try posting in the A8 D3 forum this is the A6 C5 forum.