A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

New to the forum but could really use some help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum but could really use some help.

Hey guys, I could really use some help. I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7tt 6 speed. It has about 180k miles on it so it has a few issues but nothing crazy, just things like the dash panel pixels going out, or the seats ripped etc.... normal wear and tear. Well today as i was driving it i pulled out of my drive way. It accelerated fine to a point than you could hear the turbos very loudly than she jumped, so i let off, and started to go again and she started kind of jumping and sputtering and the turbos would get very loud and blow off loudly as well. she is all stock with no modifications. anyone have an idea of what this could be? Im thinking making timing may have finally gotten off (bought the car used and no idea when timing was done was planning to have it done in next month or so) or maybe the turbos went out? thanks in advance....
Old 01-17-2015, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Kwon
Hey guys, I could really use some help. I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7tt 6 speed. It has about 180k miles on it so it has a few issues but nothing crazy, just things like the dash panel pixels going out, or the seats ripped etc.... normal wear and tear. Well today as i was driving it i pulled out of my drive way. It accelerated fine to a point than you could hear the turbos very loudly than she jumped, so i let off, and started to go again and she started kind of jumping and sputtering and the turbos would get very loud and blow off loudly as well. she is all stock with no modifications. anyone have an idea of what this could be? Im thinking making timing may have finally gotten off (bought the car used and no idea when timing was done was planning to have it done in next month or so) or maybe the turbos went out? thanks in advance....
Could be lots of things and your turbos may be fine. I personally have not experienced this but I would check for any bad vacuum hoses, turbo and intake plumbing leaks(to/from intercoolers, throttle boot, etc.). There are a few valves that may or may not cause this symptom: diverter valves, N75 wastegate valve, N249 turbo recirc valve. Just a list. I would not throw parts at it until you have diagnosed. Any access to VCDS to check codes? Bentley manual would help
Old 01-17-2015, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get codes first with vag-com etc.