Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Audiworld Senior Member
Account #: 102356

Default Prop shaft parts

Center bearing rubber support is shot. Maybe shot is too kind a word - more like the texture of a rubber glove. So I ordered a used prop shaft from Shokan. Something in the replacement shaft is ticking and vibrating. I'm thinking it might be the front cv joint but won't know until it is up in the air running -but it is making noise. Of course they will replace it, but I have to pull it back out and ship it to them. Hate to do that if it is just one cv joint.

Anyone know of any sources for replacement parts? Blauparts used to sell but apparently has stopped selling the cv joints and the u joint. Audi only sells the complete shaft (and I do mean shaft when you hear the price).

Failing that has anyone had any experience with Wholesale Import Part rebuilt shafts?

Thanks,
Ajg
ajg617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 88819

2 places to try http://www.driveshaftparts.com/index.php?p=404
https://www.powertrainindustries.com...enter+Supports
I would think shokan would replace the bad part no?
Old 05-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Audiworld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasfro View Post
2 places to try http://www.driveshaftparts.com/index.php?p=404
https://www.powertrainindustries.com...enter+Supports
I would think shokan would replace the bad part no?
Shokan will replace it but I have to pull and send the bad one back first. Over a week in shipping alone without the car or putting the original back in. I'm a little POd that they wouldn't send a replacement first since I called them on the day it was installed.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:26 AM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 219486

Default Center drive shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
Shokan will replace it but I have to pull and send the bad one back first. Over a week in shipping alone without the car or putting the original back in. I'm a little POd that they wouldn't send a replacement first since I called them on the day it was installed.
I got one from this place. http://www.wholesaleimportparts.com/...rive_Shaft.php

Works like new. You do have to box up the old one and return it for the core charge. Mine was about $500 all in. Sorry you got a dud from Shokan. Good luck.
Huskerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 44417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerbob View Post
I got one from this place. http://www.wholesaleimportparts.com/...rive_Shaft.php

Works like new. You do have to box up the old one and return it for the core charge. Mine was about $500 all in. Sorry you got a dud from Shokan. Good luck.
I'm glad you got one that works. However, the vendor has questionable pricing. P/N 20210 is their part number for a 2K4.2A6Q and it goes for like $455.but the same P/N for an 02S6 is $633? WTF?

Last edited by SloopJohnB@mac.com; 05-22-2014 at 09:44 AM.
SloopJohnB@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com View Post
I'm glad you got one that works. However, the joint looks like a scam. P/N 20210 is their part number for a 2K4.2A6Q and it goes for like 455.but the same P/N for an 02S6 is $633? WTF?
Not sure on their price structure. I think mine was closer to the $455 than the $633 they show now. Could be the quantity they have on hand. They are a rebuilder so it might be the old supply and demand deal. Anyway no more vibration so it's all good here.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 261305

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that you could buy another one from Shokan and have them ship it to you, then return the "defective" one for a credit. Talk to them, they have been awfully fair with me in the past.
georgeb944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Center bearing rubber support is shot. Maybe shot is too kind a word - more like the texture of a rubber glove. So I ordered a used prop shaft from Shokan. Something in the replacement shaft is ticking and vibrating. I'm thinking it might be the front cv joint but won't know until it is up in the air running -but it is making noise. Of course they will replace it, but I have to pull it back out and ship it to them. Hate to do that if it is just one cv joint.

Anyone know of any sources for replacement parts? Blauparts used to sell but apparently has stopped selling the cv joints and the u joint. Audi only sells the complete shaft (and I do mean shaft when you hear the price).

Failing that has anyone had any experience with Wholesale Import Part rebuilt shafts?

Thanks,
Ajg
Did you get the little bronze spacers back in place between the center bearing support bracket and the body? Easy to miss those.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #9
Audiworld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerbob View Post
Did you get the little bronze spacers back in place between the center bearing support bracket and the body? Easy to miss those.
I sure hope so - had it done by my local undercar guy who was replacing the middle portion of the exhaust but he's pretty good all around. Thought it was a good time to have him do it since he had the exhaust down anyway - that wasn't something I was going to do. Car was up in air again today.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
Audiworld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeb944 View Post
I'm pretty sure that you could buy another one from Shokan and have them ship it to you, then return the "defective" one for a credit. Talk to them, they have been awfully fair with me in the past.
What the offered me was to send the defective one back and they would ship out another after they receive it or see if I can have my old cv joints put on to the shaft they sent me.

Not much customer service from my perspective. It isn't the first time I've ordered from them.

It's a good thing that I called the guy who switched them out the next morning before he chucked my old one out. I may have to put that back in while Shokan swaps them out. I'd have a hard time paying for another one and waiting for credit given what they sent me the first time.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement