A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Solid to flip key

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pr0xZen
If the lightest NA engine "you" got was the 2.8 V6, I can kinda see that. Was not aware of that though. Here in Norway, the 1.8T is probably the overall most popular VAG (Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda) engine in the region from 95 to roughly 2008 - model independent. After that, the TDI engines really got going.
Engines over here in the NA C5's are the 2.8, 2.7t, 3.0, and 4.2 V8 the 2003 RS6 sported the 4.2 bi-turbo 450hp monster with an auto trans.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so if i find someone that have VCDS, he can code a new set of fob keys, without having any for the originals ?
What codes do he need before starting ? Does everything stand on the service tag with vin number, color code and a lots of other codes ?
Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MrAvionics
Ok, so if i find someone that have VCDS, he can code a new set of fob keys, without having any for the originals ?
What codes do he need before starting ? Does everything stand on the service tag with vin number, color code and a lots of other codes ?
1) No. Read post #12 & #13.

2) You need to have the SKC code to use VCDS for this function.

3) Yes. According to the dealership they will type in the VIN # and hook up a dongle to the OBD port to retrieve the assigned SKC code via from AOA in Auburn Hills Michigan to re-assign a new key to the IMMO.

I know it's a confusing topic but if you read your thread from the beginning you will get what I'm saying up to now and do keep in mind that this is for the IMMO and RFID key if you car has one.
Locking and unlocking functions of the FOB can be programed without Vagcom/VCDS providing you have a programed FOB, if you don't or the FOB assigned numbers have been exceeded to other (lost or missing) FOB's then you will need it to clear and reassign with Vagcom/VCDS.

Last edited by jcman; 04-27-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

If there's an immobilizer; 4-pin SKC can be retrieved with Vag Commander or VagTacho. This goes for the older ones with 4-pin, like my euro '99. If it gives 3 numbers, the first one (of the four) is zero. But make sure you know how to use the software (it requires the appropriate interface) or leave it to qualified help. It can leave your cluster and ECM bricked if you're not careful. And don't be tempted to program keys/fobs with it - use VCDS for that.

If your model requires a 7-pin SKC, dealer will have to hook you up. 7-pin SKC is a 24-hr code if I recall correctly, its for "server connected" work.

According to ELSA, you don't need a working fob to code (new) fobs. Making sure you have the right type, is tricky without one to check though. The work-around during matching (for the steps where one "exsisting" fob is in the door), is to manually jump the leads for the central locking, by pulling the driver door cover and accessing the terminals. Pin-out and jumping is quite possibly model-specific, so read wiring diagram.

I haven't tried it myself, but a printout of my Audi work history states this (workaround) procedure was done by Audi dealer on my car, 4 years ago due to lost keys.

Last edited by pr0xZen; 04-27-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If there's an immobilizer; 4-pin SKC can be retrieved with Vag Commander or VagTacho. This goes for the older ones with 4-pin, like my euro '99. If it gives 3 numbers, the first one (of the four) is zero. But make sure you know how to use the software (it requires the appropriate interface) or leave it to qualified help. It can leave your cluster and ECM bricked if you're not careful. And don't be tempted to program keys/fobs with it - use VCDS for that.

If your model requires a 7-pin SKC, dealer will have to hook you up. 7-pin SKC is a 24-hr code if I recall correctly, its for "server connected" work.

According to ELSA, you don't need a working fob to code (new) fobs. Making sure you have the right type, is tricky without one to check though. The work-around during matching (for the steps where one "exsisting" fob is in the door), is to manually jump the leads for the central locking, by pulling the driver door cover and accessing the terminals. Pin-out and jumping is quite possibly model-specific, so read wiring diagram.

I haven't tried it myself, but a printout of my Audi work history states this (workaround) procedure was done by Audi dealer on my car, 4 years ago due to lost keys.
You're adding more confusion and redundancy to what was already said, North American cars do have different IMMO dealership procedures and DIY work arounds.

Let's keep it simple and not jack the thread please!
Old 04-27-2015, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jcman
You're adding more confusion and redundancy to what was already said, North American cars do have different IMMO dealership procedures and DIY work arounds.

Let's keep it simple and not jack the thread please!
I get where you're going with dealership procedure, but I though we (you) already etablished this was not a North American car? Thus, most likely never going to see a NA dealership.

If OP would post car origin, that might be of appropriate value.

Last edited by pr0xZen; 04-27-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I get where you're going with dealership procedure, but I though we already etablished this was not a North American car?
Oh, that's right.
Looks like it's in your hands now, I'll step back and just observe from now on.
But I'm going to keep a close eye on you mister....

Last edited by jcman; 04-27-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

The origin of the car is NORWAY

WIN number: WAUZZZ4BZWN047516
Old 05-08-2015, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

So if i get it right now, i need vag tacho for getting SKC key, then i need VCDS to prgram the new key with the SKC key ?

How can i find a right fob key if i dont have the old one ?
Old 05-11-2015, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MrAvionics
So if i get it right now, i need vag tacho for getting SKC key, then i need VCDS to prgram the new key with the SKC key ?

How can i find a right fob key if i dont have the old one ?
AFAIK, only the dealers can look up the correct fob for you car. I got lucky, the previous owner wrote down the parts# on the owner's manual.

Quick Reply: Solid to flip key