Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 91816

Default Windows, Central Door Locks, Interior Lights inoperable

99 A6 Avant - I'm assuming it's a faulty actuator or central locking controller as all fuses are good, but is there a way to figure out exactly what the problem is without a VAG? Actually I know what the problem is - my doors central locking won't work, my interior lights won't go on, my windows won't go up and down... What I'm looking for is the solution. Thanks.
95C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 69482

Default Have you had an water in the passenger side front footwell???

...feel under the floor mat for moisture. If you had any water issues, the control module (under the carpet) could be fried.

Typical causes of a water leak in the C5 A6 platform include:

-clogged battery tray drain (water fills up in that arear then leaks into the passenger cabin through the air filter)
-clogged/misaligned evap drain located in the lower A-pillar passenger side
-clogged sunroof drains (not as common a the two above)

If not water leaks, then I suggest you find a VAG COM (local AutoZone can run a scan for you for free) to see if the control module is working/communicating, and if there are any fault codes. If all fuses are intact (did you check #14?), then it is probably a faulty control module.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Windows, Central Door Locks, Interior Lights inoperable

Thanks. No moisture in the footwell. I'll bring it to Autozone tomorrow to have them scan it for errors.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Account #: 152769

Default Re: Windows, Central Door Locks, Interior Lights inoperable

Hi, i am new to the Audi world, (only had it for a week)so far loving the car...I have a similar problem with my a6, only i have one rear door that the window wont go down. I noticed that the interior lights do not come on only when i open that door. Does that module that you guys are talking about control all or none, or can it be bad and still have 3 doors work?

Thanks for any advise
fmustang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 122085

Default Fuse 14 may be blown as BD said.. faulty wire in drivers seat..search

forum under fuse 14 and unplug light under drivers seat that lights up drivers side rear passenger floor. When fuse blew it triggered relay for power windows...so windows, int. lights and power locks did not work

2000 Audi A6 2.7T Ming Blue/Beige
Factory Nav.- Sport package - HID's - Independent Fogs - 18"SPORT WHEELS with YOKO's - RS6 spoiler - IPOD INSTALL IN ARMREST with radio controls adapter - Audi Nav-plus RSNd (cd based)
**** wchart1@msn.com ****

PAST Audi's

1989 Audi 200 Turbo-quattro

1992 Audi 100 Quattro

1999.5 Audi A4 1.8t quattro w/sport package
CapeCodAudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thanks but my Fuse 14 is intact

Old 08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1997, 2000, 2001, a6, audi, central, control, door, interior, light, lights, lock, locking, module, problem, quattro, window