A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

06 A6 driver side door won't lock with the key fob

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 06 A6 driver side door won't lock with the key fob

hey gang,
have any of you guys experienced your audi not locking one of the doors with the key fob? in my case it is the driver side door. they key fob will unlock all 4 doors but it will only lock 3 doors. i also noticed the lock beep sound went away too but if i stick my key into the driver door and turn it will lock all 4 doors and also the beep sound will go off indicating that all of the doors are locked. this is really frustrating and i can't find much answer on the forum. i'm just wondering if anyone knows what the problem could be. thanks.

-Van
Old 05-13-2012, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Any fault codes appearing Van?

Could be a dodgy door lock actuator.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by vlam04
hey gang,
have any of you guys experienced your audi not locking one of the doors with the key fob? in my case it is the driver side door. they key fob will unlock all 4 doors but it will only lock 3 doors. i also noticed the lock beep sound went away too but if i stick my key into the driver door and turn it will lock all 4 doors and also the beep sound will go off indicating that all of the doors are locked. this is really frustrating and i can't find much answer on the forum. i'm just wondering if anyone knows what the problem could be. thanks.

-Van
Take a look at these TSBs. For future reference all of my TSBs are linked in my signature.

http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Ignition%...mote%20key.pdf

http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Ignition%...noperative.pdf

http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Ignition%...anic%20But.pdf

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alister
Any fault codes appearing Van?

Could be a dodgy door lock actuator.
i think you may be right. i am going to take a look at it tomorrow when i get some time. i haven't had a chance to vagcom it because i can't find my freakin' cable anywhere.

thanks kevin for the tsbs. i'll take a look at them. i just feel that these audis run great but little things here and there seem to break after 4 or 5 years. very frustrating.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey gang,

-Van
Are you able to fix this problem? I am having similar issue in my O8 C6. After driving (auto lock) and getting off the car, use the remote to lock the door. The front driver side door will not lock and the other 3 door do lock. No beep sound. Press the Unlock and lock buttons in the remote, then all 4 doors locked.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default drivers door not locking with remote key fob

hey gang,

-Van

I'll be taking my 06 A6 into the dealer here in Portland, OR.
I'm having the same problem. The service manager at sunset Audi's sattelite service center said that there is a TSB for this problem, and a software update might fix it. $130 for scan and diagnosis/ update which will most likely fix the issue. Im thinking its a communication issue with main body module and door module. After I manually lock all doors it beeps, and then I can remote unlock all doors but remote lock will lock all doors but drivers. I'll keep you posted on findings. Cheers
Old 05-22-2016, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Its most likely not a software update. I had this happen on both my front doors. One would lock but not unlock and one wouldn't lock or unlock with the key fob. But I could use the key in the door to lock the car and get the security beep. It ended up being the door lock actuators. I bought two used actuators from a place in CA. Replaced both myself. It's a PITA job but I saved a lot of money. The part brand new is around $335, and then labor at a dealership is probably 2hrs for one door. Now I have working door locks again. good luck
Old 07-01-2017, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had this problem where both my front doors would only lock and unlock manually.....i saw everyone was talking about the door lock actuators so i bought a pair changed it and it still continued to do the same thing. I thought about it later.... why not check the fuse..... it ended up being fuse #22 ... now the doors work perfectly....i am mad i wasted. $75 bucks on those actuators though