A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 Blackout Complete w LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 Blackout Complete w LEDs

Hi everyone. I finally had the perfect opportunity to upgrade my 2006 A6 4.2 to the S6 bumper and LEDs with euro grill. Someone crashed into my car during a snowstorm so I took the opportunity for a "free" upgrade to the following:

-S6 Bumper Cover
-LED lights controlled by the fog light switch (yes, I get an error msg - I would love to know how to clear this)
-side marker black out
-Euro S6 honeycomb grill w/ black audi emblem
-rear tail lights tinted w/ clear reverse stripe
-rear audi emblem swapped with matte black
-blacked out all side window trim

All in all, this would've been a $2000-$3000 job had it not been for the wreck. Since most of this was covered by insurance, I was able to use the claim check to shop around for the parts needed to complete the custom look for around $500 out of pocket.

I would love to get some feedback, especially if you have tips for getting rid of the fog light error message. I could re-install the original fog lights and cover with black tape and hide somewhere behind the front bumper cover but I'm not sure how to wire correctly. Also I've read up on resistors but haven't found anything 100% guaranteed to work. Finally I've also heard that there is a way to reset the computer so that it thinks the LED resistance is correct.

LEDs look awesome at night... will try to remember to post more.
Attached Images     
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks very nice... I can only imagine what it looks like at night...I did the complete S6 conversion as well. I wired them to the fog lights to have the coming home feature but most importantly to be able to turn them on and off when I want.

Im trying to add some resistors this weekend to get rid of the error message. I'll let you know if that works. Id also like to know if anyone has been able to reset the computer to make it think its drawing the right wattage.

next mod should be a drop and some 19's
Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks man! Let me know if you get the resistors to work. I'm no electrician so all of that talk is beyond me. The company that I bought the LEDs from claimed that they were 12v and would not trigger the fog error message. Of course when I emailed for support I got no love. My local shop says their is a way to reprogram the computer to clear the message but they haven't had any luck finding it yet.

I'm due for some suspension work here in the next several months. Maybe I'll knock out the drop while I'm at it...
Old 03-21-2011, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would love to get some feedback,

I don't know why you bothered. You could have used any front end because you can't see anything.

Last edited by royclark; 03-21-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Uhhh thats s@!$ is pretty evil looking nice! All you need are some blacked out wheels or powder coat those. Makes me want to get in an accident to get the s6 front bumper. If you paid 500 out of pocket... Im assuming all you had to pay for were the s6 leds?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am going to leave my a6 parked outside of the garage so when the wife backs out of it, I am going to get a free upgrade as well
As for resistors, I have a set of https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2801267 they were used to fix LED bulb error message. The resistors are rated at 50w60ohm and If I am not mistaken, your DRLs have ither 5 or 10 leds at 1 watt each so this resistor should work. Also check out tmtunning page, the have their resistors as well. They cost little more as they made it look fancy, but those the same thing.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I dont get conversions to x or y or z or in this case S6... It will never be a true S6; why try to pretend?

That's just my .02

But it looks nice I must say; I want to black out my grill as well; how much was your grill? and where did you obtain it from?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Very nice... as others suggested, you do need new (bigger) wheels. Personally, I wouldn't have blacked out the rings in front - but if you like it, thats what matters.

More info on where you purchased (and how much) the grill would be appreciated!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretend all you want, it's your car. Looks pretty wicked!

Bob
Old 03-22-2011, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOOKS GREAT...
I would do eyelids for sure.. to compleate the look..

Quick Reply: A6 Blackout Complete w LEDs