A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Empty batt/ windows not work after chage batt

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Empty batt/ windows not work after chage batt

Hey. I post this wrong place, so I try here.
The Windows on drivers side not work, after battery was empty and I get quick start help. All 3.other windows are ok when I press the Locks / up/ down inside. With the key press they not responding anymore.

What can be the exact problem, it stay open now, and I hope someone can help me here,

Check your fuses

Post on the c6 forum

Post vag-com codes[/QUOTE
I think you have right about the fuse is gone. I find out it is in the luggage rom"
rear fusebox they told me fuse is placed at my car. But. When i read in my manuals book there's stay I have "automatic fuse" and where can i find this? Automatic so will be ok after empty battery, but nothing has helpedafter charging the batt full. Also the light for automatic handbrake light was in panel/ warnings" after starting cable help"?
First thing is to look in your owners manual and you will see clearly where all your fuse panels are. On the c6 there are 3: Driver side door jam,passenger side door jam, right hand side of trunk.

The trunk fuse panel has a window regulator fuse (#10), pull it and ensure it's good

Get a fuse tester, inspect your fuses

Read your owner manual

Post on the C6 forum, since you are going to get a lot more help posting these questions on the appropriate forum for your car
Old 12-26-2014, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

So did you check the fuse I recommended and look in your owners manual for other possible fuses?

If it's not a fuse, it could be the regulator and you really need a vag for additional troubleshooting.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raj99
So did you check the fuse I recommended and look in your owners manual for other possible fuses?

If it's not a fuse, it could be the regulator and you really need a vag for additional troubleshooting.
Hey. I must try to get vag diagnosis because in the manuals book in car stay it is automatic fuse, and this I don't know where sitting, I think in the rear luggage' rom ( stay not printed text on the fuse panels, so I don't find. The fused there are ok ( they I can check ) 10-15-20-30 amp, but are 2 bigger fuses so I don't know function for. Thanks for answers raj
Old 12-29-2014, 12:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default fuse for windows

Hey. Is there somebody so know how the fuse for Windows drivers side look, and where it is placed? And how many amp it is.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audifsi3.2
Hey. Is there somebody so know how the fuse for Windows drivers side look, and where it is placed? And how many amp it is.
Audi told me that the fuse termosikring thermofuse" and need to vag check diagnosis, and if I could hear a click" in door when I press down the window ( means that is not destroyed Any know about Thermo fuses?
Old 12-30-2014, 03:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audifsi3.2
Hey. I post this wrong place, so I try here.
The Windows on drivers side not work, after battery was empty and I get quick start help. All 3.other windows are ok when I press the Locks / up/ down inside. With the key press they not responding anymore.

What can be the exact problem, it stay open now, and I hope someone can help me here,

Check your fuses

Post on the c6 forum

Post vag-com codes[/QUOTE
I think you have right about the fuse is gone. I find out it is in the luggage rom"
rear fusebox they told me fuse is placed at my car. But. When i read in my manuals book there's stay I have "automatic fuse" and where can i find this? Automatic so will be ok after empty battery, but nothing has helpedafter charging the batt full. Also the light for automatic handbrake light was in panel/ warnings" after starting cable help"?
First thing is to look in your owners manual and you will see clearly where all your fuse panels are. On the c6 there are 3: Driver side door jam,passenger side door jam, right hand side of trunk.

The trunk fuse panel has a window regulator fuse (#10), pull it and ensure it's good

Get a fuse tester, inspect your fuses

Read your owner manual

Post on the C6 forum, since you are going to get a lot more help posting these questions on the appropriate forum for your car

Fuse atlas