A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Happy Clean Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy Clean Car

Those of you that saw my new member thread likely know I haven't had a chance to clean the car properly since buying it.

Swapped an SC idler pulley, swapped out the brakes, fixed a bunch of little stuff inside, got it tinted, protection film on the headlights, but never got time to do a thorough cleaning.

With 98K on the body, it needs some love. While I won't be repainting the front end, I did what I could

Pulled out the cleaning and polishing supplies, blew the dust off the Porter Cable XP7424 Random Orbital and the Pad Washer Bucket etc.

Did a proper dish detergent washing to strip the car. Went over the whole car with clay bar, it was as dirty as I thought Did a full go over with SIP then FP, onto the sealant and waxed it up with Wolfgang Souveran with two coats spaced out a bit. Cleaned the interior, the windows and then dressed the tires with Car Products Ultimate Gold.

Repeated the process on the wifes 4 Runner.

I'm such a happy car guy now. Pics are before windows and tire dressing.

This fueled my obsession to keep the car clean, hit autogeek and picked up more wheel cleaner, some wolfgang sealant 3.0 and a wheel woolie to keep the rims clean w/o taking them off.

Ahhhhh
Old 07-05-2015, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Bill, it looks great. I suspect once you bring it up to the "BillBoost" standard that it's likely to please you like no other car has before! Enjoy, and be safe!!

(If the nose has a lot of road rash, look at Dr Colorchip to effectively take care of that.)
Old 07-05-2015, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Shhhh don't let the wife hear.

My prior standards were cam's, headers, tunes, pulley drops, name it. LOL Although I do want to get a tune on it. Who can say no to 70 AWHP from a tune?

thanks.. it felt so good to finally polish it up and let the metallic (Phantom) show.

took a look at the chip repair. I am doubtful that there's enough time to fill them all. This poor car has seen some serious road rash from 100K of driving too close to the car in front on the highway

Name:  IMG_20150705_202933615_zpsabwuafyi.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  163.0 KB

Last edited by BillBoost37; 07-05-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

That is some serious road rash!
Old 07-06-2015, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

You bet it is.. however from a few feet, it looks great and since I bought the car with nearly 95K miles on the clock I am good with rash. The flash makes it appear worse than it looks in person.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BillBoost37
You bet it is.. however from a few feet, it looks great and since I bought the car with nearly 95K miles on the clock I am good with rash. The flash makes it appear worse than it looks in person.
the salt truck here screwed mine up pretty good i was actually driving right behind it had no choice he took up the road and it was horrible! But you car looks amazing clean i will definitely post pictures of mine once i am satisfied with it to where it should be
Old 07-06-2015, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Since the car is black...

… you might try a tinted car wax to lessen the visual impact of the rash… I had a black Toyota 4Runner back in the previous millennium (1992) that I used as a field biologist in Massachusetts (on Sandy Neck Beach, actually, where I directed the shorebird program). I kept the truck pristine, despite its hard assignments off road. I used a black wax from Zymol, and while not a miracle, it certainly helped.

You might check it out:

Does colored car wax really work and if not, find out what does.

Official Zymol Website - Home

I miss MA as I lived there for 40 years, and got hooked on quattro!

Congrats on the big bruiser - enjoy a summer concert in the Berkshires!

happy Motoring

Eric
Old 07-06-2015, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL, it's pretty clear you lived here if you made it to Tanglewood.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice car , I WANT THE LED HEADLIGHTS SO BAD !!!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

FWIW these are not the LED headlights. They are the LED DRL headlights. The LED's are on the C7 and I agree, they are awesome looking.

Quick Reply: Happy Clean Car