A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Jack Stands

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
"True" mechanics, dont use torque wrenches for stupid **** like that. Its not critical, and is not going to come apart and fail unless you have little flimsy arms that cant tighten things down. its very rare for any REAL mechanic doing it for a living to use a torque wrench for much more than lug bolts and cylinder head bolts, lower intake gaskets on pushrod engines.

Dont fool yourself, specs are there for a guideline not "omg every tech uses a torque wrench for every little bolt on the whole car." There there so dumbasses dont break bolts off or leave wheel lugs loose. Im sure you use a torque wrench on your battery terminals too right lol....
If but "True" and REAL mechanics you mean half-assed mechanics you are correct! How could using a torque wrench for tightening caliper bolts with a torque wrench be considered stupid ****? Brakes are one of the most important systems on a car. Torque specs are quite important for several reasons, not just so the bolts don't fall out.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Really....you had to dig 4 years back to bring up some old thread to say nothing. Don't be one of those new people who goes around digging up 10 year old threads....

Last edited by Prospeeder; 05-13-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha.. as long as this thread is dug up. I'd recommend against putting your jack stands in those positions. After doing this each time for my repairs.. I had a creak and found that subframe bolt to be out of spec. No more creak when it's tight enough.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Haha.. as long as this thread is dug up. I'd recommend against putting your jack stands in those positions. After doing this each time for my repairs.. I had a creak and found that subframe bolt to be out of spec. No more creak when it's tight enough.
That's where a torque wrench comes in handy.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread nontheless....
Old 06-19-2016, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Best Jackstands for Audi, 100% SAFE!!

Originally Posted by royclark
Look at this video.
Can anyone tell me where the mechanic has positioned the jack stands under the front of this A6?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IRAP...layer_embedded
If any folks out there are looking for Jackstands that you can bet your life on go to the following website. I've owned this product for the past 8 years and they work on Audis as well as Mercedes-Benz. They really are the safest Jackstands I've ever used or seen for the DIY folks. Check them out.

Link: www. jackpointjackstands.com
Old 09-06-2016, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you're going to do work on your car, take the extra 2 minutes and torque on the bolts no matter what any airhead tells you. When engineers design and build cars they specify torque values based on the metal strengths of the bolts used etc., if you listen to commander knot head who obviously knows nothing about engineering and mechanics your bound to do most jobs wrong. This type changes his oil filter every other oil change.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The manners of a Barn Animal

You ignorant jacknapes, all you losers know how to express yourself is with foul language and displaying you were more than likely hatched not born.Just another uneducated loser. Keep it up, I'll ask the moderator to remove you permanently.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your not worth the trouble, **** off....., try contributing something useful to the forum, like helping somebody. Instead of dragging on 4 year old threads.

Last edited by Prospeeder; 09-07-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 1guitar
You ignorant jacknapes, all you losers know how to express yourself is with foul language and displaying you were more than likely hatched not born.Just another uneducated loser. Keep it up, I'll ask the moderator to remove you permanently.
That's a great way to win friends and influence folks on the forum...insult all of us in one swoop. Congrats in alienating yourself over something as meaningful as "jack stands".

Quick Reply: Jack Stands