A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

LED Taillights - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Taillights - Opinions?

Hey Guys!

Getting some cosmetic things done with the car and thought I would share. Swapped out the taillights for these plug and play LEDs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=736670247023

I love the look of them! But just wanted others opinions as well. I am going for the "not too aftermarket, classy yet updated" look.

Just had a coolant leak tracked down and have to replace motor mounts, valve cover gaskets, plugs, and coilpacks... Once I'm past all that expense there will be a lot more "upgrades" coming...

Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks good!! having any issues with flickering or errors?
Old 02-13-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

To each there own...if it looks good to you, go for it...personally I wouldn't add it to my car since the color schema wouldn't look "right", but that's why we mod. To personalize our cars.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great! does it have the rear fog lights like the stock? I was considering some aftermarket tail lights my self but i ended up going with the original since no one had posted much prior experience with them and i read some recoding might be needed with them which i am not that great at figuring out on my own. Any how the listing says item was removed is there any way to see the ebay listing thanks
Old 02-15-2016, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Casey, noticed that you posted elsewhere you are having issues with the new tail lights and them functioning as per design. Can you write back with an update as to what happened and the fix...it might have something to do with why the listing has been removed from ebay.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I do have an update. These lights do not work properly at the moment. I am still troubleshooting. I have the running lights, and reverse lights working. The brake lights and turn signal are not working.

So far I have found out the following:
These lights are actually NOT for the factory LED version (even though they specified part # 4F5945095M... This may be why the listing is gone)
I am currently doing some research on the wiring diagrams and trying to rewire them properly.

Does anyone have any experience with wiring the taillights?
Old 02-17-2016, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I was looking to replace my tail-lights, I was looking at this same exact set. I ended up not getting them because they are for converting from a NON-LED setup.

From what I understand, these aftermarket lights have resistors built in, because they are meant to replace the NON-LED 5 bulb setup. The voltage needs to be stepped down for the LED's to work (LED's work on a lower voltage than the regular old school bulbs). If you have a the factory LED tail-lights, the voltage is already stepped down, and then the aftermarket lights will try to reduce it further.

I believe there may be a way to reprogram with a VCDS (to tell the car that you have the "NON-LED" 5 bulb setup). Then you should be able to run the aftermarket lights without a problem.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

I personally do not like the new tail lights. They do look "too aftermarket" to my taste and don't look that professional. That's just my humble opinion. If you like it, well enjoy it. I hope you will find out soon how to make them work properly.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Prestige Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Casey - In VCDS, I believe if you go into the coding for [46] Comfort System, and subtract 0131072 from your coded value, this should allow them to work properly. No guarantees but it makes sense on my end. Be sure to write down your original coding just in case this doesn't work.

Let us know!

Source: Audi A6 (4F) Comfort System - Ross-Tech Wiki
Old 02-18-2016, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If the coding doesn't work you'll probably have to open up the tail lights and remove the internal resistors, then re-wire the tail lights and create your own harness that connects back to the stock connector.

Quick Reply: LED Taillights - Opinions?