A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI Problems - Acts sluggish and sound cuts out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread, I have similar issues, I got a new to me 2007 A6, I could not get my phone to sync with the car so I did a factory re-set to the phone mmi and the same symptoms that jbrentd had/has is occurring. I am running 2740, I have done a few hard resets and nothing has changed. Did the BT module end up being the problem?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kleck
Sorry to bump an old thread, I have similar issues, I got a new to me 2007 A6, I could not get my phone to sync with the car so I did a factory re-set to the phone mmi and the same symptoms that jbrentd had/has is occurring. I am running 2740, I have done a few hard resets and nothing has changed. Did the BT module end up being the problem?

Thanks
Yes, it did. You can test the theory before actually forking over the money for a new module, by get one of these. You plug it in in place of the BT module (or other piece of equipment). Basically, it closes the open loop in the fiber optic system and stops the periodic drops in sound.

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES388584/
Old 04-28-2016, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks jbrentd,
I should be giving it a go today after work, I'm assuming that I need to remove the driver seat, what about the b-pillar? Do you have a picture by any chance of the location/process that you did?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Thanks jbrentd,
I should be giving it a go today after work, I'm assuming that I need to remove the driver seat, what about the b-pillar? Do you have a picture by any chance of the location/process that you did?

Thanks!
These are steps I had stored in my own DB:

1 Remove the trim cover on the side of the seat that is over the seat belt.
2 Disconnect the seat belt from the seat.
3 Move the passenger seat all the way up and back.
4 Remove the front seat frame end protectors.
5 Using a 10mm multi spline socket remove the front seat frame bolts from both sides.
6 Move the seat all the way forward.
7 Using a 10mm multi spline socket remove the rear seat frame bolts from both sides.
8 Move the seat to a central position (this makes it easier to remove the seat form the car in a later step.
9 Disconnect the earth strap from the battery and ensure it can not accidently recreate a path to ground.
10 Tip the seat backwards on its frame and remove the cover from beneath the seat that protects all of the seat electrical connectors, remove said connectors and the cable strain relief clip.
11 Place some carpet/foam or similar close to the car, lift the seat out of the car and place on the foam the seat, being mindful not to rest the frame on the wires.
12 Remove the B-Post trim panels. First the upper one by pulling at its lowest point. Then the lower one by pulling at its highest point, once detached at the top pull the trim panel vertically upwards.
13 Remove the front sill trim panel by lifting gently from the rear working forward.
14 Unhook the carpet and gain access to the black plastic box that the BT module is in.
15 Using a flat bladed screwdriver release the catches on one side of the equipment box so that you can remove the lid.
16 Carefully remove the fibre obtic cable from the unit. DO NOT BEND THE FO CABLE! they damage easy if you take the bend radius too small.
17 Release the white lever on the electrical multiplug and remove from BT unit.
18 Take BT module with BT aerial attached out of the car.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks jbrentd,

Thanks!
No, sorry I don't. The BT module, in my car, is in the floorboard on the driver's side. Might be different for RHD car. I just unbolted the driver's seat. I think you need a M10 triple square, IIRC. Then just leaned it back to rest on the back seat. I didn't want to remove it completly and risk damaging any of the airbag sensors or wire connectors. This gives you enough room to work without disconnecting everything. Then, I removed the dead pedal and enough trim around the door so that I could pull the carpets back to gain access to the BT module. It's in a big black plastic housing/box. It's not too hard.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Jbrentd and Raj99,

Thanks for your help, it was the module, for now I just kept the fiber optical loop hooked up and installed everything back to normal. No Bluetooth for now until I get a new unit, if I end up with another unit (like a Tune2air) can I just keep the optical loop hooked up under he seat and hook up the new unit by the cd changer?

Thanks guys!