A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Where can I find a 14 pin to 10 pin headlight adapter

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where can I find a 14 pin to 10 pin headlight adapter

I'm looking into an LED headlight retrofit. I currently have a 2005 A6 4.2 Quattro S-Line with stock HID.

The headlight I'm looking to retrofit has a 10 pin connector as my stock HID headlights have a 14 pin connector. So in this case I would need a 14 pin male connector to a 10 pin female connector.

Anyone know where I can find one?
Old 11-27-2016, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlifephantom
I'm looking into an LED headlight retrofit. I currently have a 2005 A6 4.2 Quattro S-Line with stock HID.

The headlight I'm looking to retrofit has a 10 pin connector as my stock HID headlights have a 14 pin connector. So in this case I would need a 14 pin male connector to a 10 pin female connector.

Unless you know exactly the correct pinouts for the new unit and map to the older unit, you will be SOL. Considering the issues you've had doing a similar retrofit with your rear lights https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...ights-2908489/ ...which are a LOT easier, I personally would just get refurb units to replace your "bad" ones.

Also, provide more info: are the LED retrofits from a 09-11 model? Are they aftermarket? Are you just looking to get the DRL LEDs or ??
Old 11-27-2016, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raj99
Unless you know exactly the correct pinouts for the new unit and map to the older unit, you will be SOL. Considering the issues you've had doing a similar retrofit with your rear lights https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...ights-2908489/ ...which are a LOT easier, I personally would just get refurb units to replace your "bad" ones.

Also, provide more info: are the LED retrofits from a 09-11 model? Are they aftermarket? Are you just looking to get the DRL LEDs or ??

I found the diagram for the 14 pin connector and what wires are for what and I'm almost positive I can figure out the map out for the new head lights... these new headlights are designed to work only for the A6 C6 model without Factory HID so I need to convert the connecter back to a halogen model 10 pin.

Here's a pic of the aftermarket headlights.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

I found the diagram for the 14 pin connector and what wires are for what and I'm almost positive I can figure out the map out for the new head lights... these new headlights are designed to work only for the A6 C6 model without Factory HID so I need to convert the connecter back to a halogen model 10 pin.

Good luck with those...keep us posted on how the install goes for you and if these ever work out for you.

There's a lot of threads on these, but here's one to get you started on a possible solution:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...ation-2879463/

And here's the pin assignment, onboard power supply control unit -J519

Connector A (10-pin)
Pin 1: Daylight driving light front right
Pin 2: Main beam right
Pin 3: Fog light front right
Pin 4: Dipped beam right
Pin 5: Terminal 38 right
Pin 6: Daylight driving light front left
Pin 7: Fog light front left
Pin 8: Main beam left
Pin 9: Terminal 31 Power
Pin 10: Dipped beam left

Audi Portal: ECU Diagnostic . Audi A6 4F (2005- ) . Central Electric I J519
Old 11-27-2016, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raj99
Good luck with those...keep us posted on how the install goes for you and if these ever work out for you.

There's a lot of threads on these, but here's one to get you started on a possible solution:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...ation-2879463/

And here's the pin assignment, onboard power supply control unit -J519

Connector A (10-pin)
Pin 1: Daylight driving light front right
Pin 2: Main beam right
Pin 3: Fog light front right
Pin 4: Dipped beam right
Pin 5: Terminal 38 right
Pin 6: Daylight driving light front left
Pin 7: Fog light front left
Pin 8: Main beam left
Pin 9: Terminal 31 Power
Pin 10: Dipped beam left

Audi Portal: ECU Diagnostic . Audi A6 4F (2005- ) . Central Electric I J519
Thanks Raj, your awesome! I did do a search on threads but cannot find anyone that used these specific headlights. My only other trouble at the moment is finding a 14 pin male connector to 10 pin female connector or just a 14 pin male connector to plug directly into the current 14 pin HID harness.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you find the 14 pim wire diagram! Can you pleasr post it?
Old 02-14-2021, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

currently wondering if you ever were able to make these fit? I have the same exact issue you are having. I have 2007 audi a6 with bi-xenon headlights. I bought the same sypder headlights as you thinking they would fit. I see that you can do halogen to xenon but I need xenon to halogen kits. If you found one in New to here! You can message me at 302-893-4102. I would appriciate it!!