A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016's officially on the lot

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gema7
Later as in later models may have this feature or would this possible be a mmi update?
Who knows. The press release for MIB-2 makes a big deal about it getting new features as time goes on but whether or not features are actually added is another matter entirely.

From here.

As more sophisticated technology becomes available, the highly flexible Audi MIB-2 platform will allow owners to simply upgrade their software for improved online, media, voice command, navigation and telephony functions.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 03-05-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I thought my car rode fine with 20s on the test drive. But I found out that it handles bumps fine, but not washboard surfaces like a concrete freeway with constant ripples in the concrete. Then it gets uncomfortably jiggly. I suggest an extended test drive on roads you drive a lot. I'd get 19s next time and I'm very likely to change mine soon.
I run OEM 19's with Blizzak's in the winter and OEM 20's with Pirelli's in Summer. I purposely ordered the car in 2012 w/out sport suspension given i'm a musician frequently carrying lots of gear. At 40k mi, I don't feel significant differences in how it handles rough surfaces with either setup. Very compliant. Handling feels crisper with 20s in any steering mode. Will be moving from Pirelli's to Michelin Pilot SS this summer.

Enjoy the ride!
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is a better article about the MIB-2 platform: Volkswagen MIB II Infotainment System First Impressions Review - Reviewed.com Cars

I gather we will likely see these capabilities in the Audi line as well, though it sounds like they will debut in other VW models first.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BasicSlvr
I run OEM 19's with Blizzak's in the winter and OEM 20's with Pirelli's in Summer. I purposely ordered the car in 2012 w/out sport suspension given i'm a musician frequently carrying lots of gear. At 40k mi, I don't feel significant differences in how it handles rough surfaces with either setup. Very compliant. Handling feels crisper with 20s in any steering mode. Will be moving from Pirelli's to Michelin Pilot SS this summer.

Enjoy the ride!
What I feel is very dependent upon the road surface. I can drive for 50 miles on roads where the car is very compliant and smooth. But many Houston area concrete roads have ripples that you can't even see, but they will literally make your stomach jiggle. And before you think it, I'm 5'9 and 190 lbs, so I'm not all that heavy. And keep in mind that you said your car does not have sport suspension.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fresnoboy
This is a better article about the MIB-2 platform: Volkswagen MIB II Infotainment System First Impressions Review - Reviewed.com Cars

I gather we will likely see these capabilities in the Audi line as well, though it sounds like they will debut in other VW models first.
That is actually really informative. I wonder how much of that will be delivered at a later date though. The press reviews haven't included anything about CarPlay or Android Auto, and the photos look pretty much identical to the previous UI. Who knows though, maybe they just didn't let anyone plug in a phone...
Old 03-12-2015, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am considering 2016 A6 (up here in the great White North), though I'd not buy unless I am certain android auto will be available for the car I am getting. On the AutoShow here I spoke to one of the Audi guys at the stand and he was assuring me CarPlay and Android Auto would be simply enabled with software upgrade once certification process passes (FCC/CRTC). I don't know if I should believe him or not. Anyone heard/read anything more 'trustable'?

Cheers,
leobg
Old 03-12-2015, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Android auto not available for 1-2 years so I would not even bother considering that for any car I buy. I buy cars for how they drive and ride not their technology because its a hit and miss in any car. You should focus more on the car itself leobg.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just picked up my new 2016 on the 13th. the 7's were not listed on the site or inventory, but when this one came off the truck, the dealer called my wife and loaned it to her to come pick me up at the airport.

It has not left my side since. Tornado gray on black interior, all options except the night vision.

2016 Audi A7

2016 Audi A7
Old 03-16-2015, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by digitallowdown
Just picked up my new 2016 on the 13th. the 7's were not listed on the site or inventory, but when this one came off the truck, the dealer called my wife and loaned it to her to come pick me up at the airport.

It has not left my side since. Tornado gray on black interior, all options except the night vision.

2016 Audi A7

2016 Audi A7
So do you have the Driver Assistance Package then? I thought that option added the radars down in the lower grills that everyone thinks are fog lights. I have yet to see any cars with that package on the lots.... or they've changed how they are integrated now. Anyone know?
Old 03-16-2015, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hows the ride on those 20 inch and continental tires? I am picking up mines with same package as yours without drivers assistant next week Monday. Tornado grey with black

Quick Reply: 2016's officially on the lot