A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A7

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
My point is that I don't think that is a new car. I find it hard to believe it's really a new model when it looks identical. As to why mess with a beautiful thing, nothing is forever. In my opinion, the rear of the car is too droopy. It's the one bad angle of the car.

I'm also not thrilled with the direction Audi has gone with interiors. If, like the new A4, it has the "iPad glued to the dash" I won't buy one. That is by far the worst design trend I've ever seen. And the rest of the Audi interiors except the 8's are pretty plain looking, and that even applies to the current A7. I think it's okay, just nothing special.
Audi has moved to a new design motif that can be seen in the new A4, A5, Q5 and Q7. They all have similar layouts and design cues. I'm guessing that they went with the fixed exposed center display in the A4, A5 and Q5 to keep costs down. However the new Q7 like the A6 and A7 have a center console that is motorized. I seriously doubt that that Audi would remove that from the redesigned A6 and A7.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
My point is that I don't think that is a new car. I find it hard to believe it's really a new model when it looks identical. As to why mess with a beautiful thing, nothing is forever. In my opinion, the rear of the car is too droopy. It's the one bad angle of the car.

I'm also not thrilled with the direction Audi has gone with interiors. If, like the new A4, it has the "iPad glued to the dash" I won't buy one. That is by far the worst design trend I've ever seen. And the rest of the Audi interiors except the 8's are pretty plain looking, and that even applies to the current A7. I think it's okay, just nothing special.
No offense intended, if you dislike the current A7 this much, why do you own one in the first place?

Maybe it's just me but I find the current A8's interior too dated and boring compared to the ones of the A6/A7.

Like said above the A6 and A7 always had far superior interiors compared to the A4/A5, Q5/Q7. I am expecting to see an interior similar to the one of the prologue concept with several screens and hard-touchscreens.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I'm super critical but this design looks nothing like the current model. Its clear what they are trying to do. If you take a look at the hood you notice a design change. This same change can be seen in the upcoming A5 model.

I personally am not a fan of the design. You'll also notice that the rear lights are being trimmed down a bit in the model lines. Also seen in the A5 here:

Again, maybe I'm being critical but im not a fan. I prefer the current models look. I'll have to order again soon.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by gema7
Maybe I'm super critical but this design looks nothing like the current model. Its clear what they are trying to do. If you take a look at the hood you notice a design change. This same change can be seen in the upcoming A5 model.
I personally am not a fan of the design. You'll also notice that the rear lights are being trimmed down a bit in the model lines. Also seen in the A5 here:
Again, maybe I'm being critical but im not a fan. I prefer the current models look. I'll have to order again soon.
I know what you mean. The new designs are not appealing based on what we've been seeing before. Audi made gorgeous vehicles in the past and everyone copied their style. Now all vehicles look good with curvy body styles and fancy LED lights. To be unique, Audi are stepping away from that trend and setting a new one. The mean, "ugly" looking vehicle with aggressive styling and squared LED light patterns.

They do seem ugly right now but will grow fast on us and soon other vehicles would look just dated and boring to look at. I'm pretty sure this design language will work. And I consider the new generation pre-facelift models a step back for a great jump with facelift models.

The new R8 grew on us. The new Q7 and A4 did. The new A5 is growing on us. This A7 didn't have to grow on me even in that camouflage. I instantly loved it! It is going to be the best looking vehicle in the Audi line, just like its predecessor.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw a hyundai elantra yesterday and I was wondering where I had seen the front design before. It hit me......
Old 01-23-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

But then it seems everyone is using the same grill design now.