A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Bose Subwoofer upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 Bose Subwoofer upgrade

Hello Folks,

I am new to this forums, live in the Caribbean and own a Audi A7 with Bose audio. I have a Audio Control Lc2I and want to tap into existing bose connector on sub to get my rca output for a amplifier.
What I noticed is two wires going to my oem bose sub but the LC2I requires left and right inputs..please advise what to do

Thanks
Old 05-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I seriously don't think this will do anything for you. If your looking to shake down the road with music you would need a separate amp to accept the factory head unit base signal and turn into something more. This is contingent upon a clean signal with the ability to amplify. Not sure you will find this with the Bose signal. Bose does not dedicate bass to the sub woofer. Its used in the mids as well. So I would consult a high quality audio shop. They should be able to give you the quick answer.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the LC2I / amp / sub combo into my A7. I used this post to get most (if not all my info) to do it.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-...alled-2868300/
Old 05-10-2016, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Indemand
I seriously don't think this will do anything for you. If your looking to shake down the road with music you would need a separate amp to accept the factory head unit base signal and turn into something more. This is contingent upon a clean signal with the ability to amplify. Not sure you will find this with the Bose signal. Bose does not dedicate bass to the sub woofer. Its used in the mids as well. So I would consult a high quality audio shop. They should be able to give you the quick answer.
Based upon what I have read, and listening to an added sub in a friends A7, I don't agree with this at all. Well, accept the part about adding a separate amp, but I'm pretty sure that is what the OP is talking about. I think he wants to use the Bose output to connect to a powered sub.

Last edited by jjsC6; 05-10-2016 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by deschet13
I just installed the LC2I / amp / sub combo into my A7. I used this post to get most (if not all my info) to do it.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s6-...alled-2868300/
The directions in that link are pretty spot on. The OP has been posting in the DIYMA forums as well...there are several Audi sub upgrade topics there also.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjsC6
Based upon what I have read, and listening to an added sub in a friends A7, I don't agree with this at all. Well, accept the part about adding a separate amp, but I'm pretty sure that is what the OP is talking about. I think he wants to use the Bose output to connect to a powered sub.
If you folks have better information I'm with you. I saw no response and I tend toward conservative. The Bose system with active noise control is a bit tricky. If he can get what he is looking for with these outputs, great.

Last edited by Indemand; 05-11-2016 at 04:58 PM.