A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Decision Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Contour Seating Package is wonderful, worth every penny. My wife has back and knee problems, she was using pillows and blankets stuffed behind and under her in my 2012 A7 with the standard seats and could never get comfortable. In the new 2015 A7 I have the Contour seats and she has no problem sitting on the seats without any external stuffing, all she does is re-adjust the seat every once in a while. And she loves the massager!

The Night Vision Assistant is a total waste of money. I had it in the 2012, dropped it from the 2015. While it looks like an interesting feature and it is great to show it to someone "visiting" your car, it serves no practical purpose. When you drive in the dark, you look through the windshield not staring at the fuzzy small black and white display. It does detect as advertised, but you don't know about it unless you are keeping your eye on the little screen. There is no audible warning!
Thanks so much for the input. With the other posts I have read on the seats and your comments that seals the deal on the seats - must have.

I haven't read anything different than your comments with regard to the night vision assistant so I am tossing that off the list...

Thanks again.

-Curt
Old 11-13-2015, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Braces
I really like the power closing doors. Had these on my A8 and now the A7. It's a cool feature. The B&O is a must IMO. I just like quality music. I'm sure others will chime in on the other options.
I agree on the B&O system; the Bose is really not even close in comparison.

I would have liked power closing doors as well :|
Old 11-13-2015, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Contour Seating Package is wonderful, worth every penny. My wife has back and knee problems, she was using pillows and blankets stuffed behind and under her in my 2012 A7 with the standard seats and could never get comfortable. In the new 2015 A7 I have the Contour seats and she has no problem sitting on the seats without any external stuffing, all she does is re-adjust the seat every once in a while. And she loves the massager!

The Night Vision Assistant is a total waste of money. I had it in the 2012, dropped it from the 2015. While it looks like an interesting feature and it is great to show it to someone "visiting" your car, it serves no practical purpose. When you drive in the dark, you look through the windshield not staring at the fuzzy small black and white display. It does detect as advertised, but you don't know about it unless you are keeping your eye on the little screen. There is no audible warning!
I have the night vision assist, only because it happened to come with the car I bought. I wouldn't have opted for it either, although for some reason there are people that really look for these cars with it. As for the audible warning, mine chimes when you're going a certain speed and a body is in front or near the front, it displays the warning up in the HUD in RED and "bings".