Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > A7
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Havana Black

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 211921
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Default A7 Havana Black

Hello, I am new to the forum and to Audi. Today I put a deposit on an A7 prestige package with Havana Black exterior paint and a black interior - the car is loaded. The Dealer said the car has been built (I have noted other posts indicating hold ups with new orders) and would be at his dealership towards the end of May. I am speculating a bit that I will like the paint and was wondering if someone might be able to post pictures of Havana Black or describe it in contrast to the brilliant black. Is Havana Black similar to BMWs Black Sapphire or Cadillac's Black Ice i.e. with flecks in it? I could switch to a silver exterior/black interior but I really like black cars. I appreciate any help or information you can provide. The A7 is simply an amazing car from its looks to its performance. Thank you!
Turbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 144387
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 442
Default

Dont suppose the dealer mentioned that Havana Black is being held up due to sourcing of the paint from Japan?
__________________
2013 S7 Estoril Blue, Black Leather, Carbon, Innovation, Cold Weather, LED's,

Retired: 2009 S5 Tiptronic, Meteor Gray, Magma Red, Carbon, Drive Select, Tech, Nav, B&O

2007 Q7 4.2, Navigation, Panoramic, Side Assist,
Mcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 154161
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 87
Default

Wouln't matter if the car was already built. My SA told me today there is another batch of A7's available for sale on their way to the US.
__________________
Current: 2013 Audi S4 & 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium
Priors: 2011 BMW 550xi, 2009 S5, 2006 A6 3.2 & 2004 A4 3.0
eire42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 211921
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Default A7 Havana Black

Yes, the dealer did confirm the car was built and would be in his dealership in a few weeks mid to late May. I havent seen the color before so I am going on a bit of trust here so thats why I am trying to get a better feel for how the paint looks. If anyone can post a good picture or describe in comparison to brilliant black that would be great. Thanks!
Turbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 169569
 
uberwgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 3,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo63 View Post

I am speculating a bit that I will like the paint and was wondering if someone might be able to post pictures of Havana Black or describe it in contrast to the brilliant black.
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2803587

There are many A7 cars sitting at the port, soon to be released
uberwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 26402
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 496
Default

For what its worth I test drove an A7 in Havana Black couple weeks ago. In the showroom the car looked black, but out in the sun you could see the brownish hue to the paint. The only way I could describe it would be to say its like black coffee with a touch of Baileys. Or maybe a Black IPA.

My personal opinion was that it was stunning and in the sun it was a crowd stopper. We ended up ordering in Daytona Gray because I just didn't want to deal with another black car.

I think you will be pleased with the color as long as you are willing to keep the car clean and polished (getting rid of swirl marks).
chicagoA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 210240
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoA6 View Post
For what its worth I test drove an A7 in Havana Black couple weeks ago. In the showroom the car looked black, but out in the sun you could see the brownish hue to the paint. The only way I could describe it would be to say its like black coffee with a touch of Baileys. Or maybe a Black IPA.

My personal opinion was that it was stunning and in the sun it was a crowd stopper. We ended up ordering in Daytona Gray because I just didn't want to deal with another black car.

I think you will be pleased with the color as long as you are willing to keep the car clean and polished (getting rid of swirl marks).
Congrats! How long will yours take to build?

If you are not too far away and stop by, won't the dealer wash the car for you?
caesar2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 11928
 
derfA8L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New York City/Hamptons, Long Island
Posts: 3,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo63 View Post
Hello, I am new to the forum and to Audi. Today I put a deposit on an A7 prestige package with Havana Black exterior paint and a black interior - the car is loaded. The Dealer said the car has been built (I have noted other posts indicating hold ups with new orders) and would be at his dealership towards the end of May. I am speculating a bit that I will like the paint and was wondering if someone might be able to post pictures of Havana Black or describe it in contrast to the brilliant black.
As promised in our earlier PMs, here are the pics of my car in Havanna Black metallic. The first 2 shots are close ups of the color in sunlight; the 3rd shot is of the color at dusk with little sunlight. The sig pic shows what it's like in shadow backlit in sunlight. As I stated earlier, it's more of a deep Mahogany with brown/gold highlights.
Attached Images
   
__________________

derfA8L

2015 A8L 4.0T (production week 10/20/14...Delivered on 11/21/14) Panther Black Crystal Effect/Black Interior/Black Alcantara/Poplar Brown-Silver Wood Inlays
Premium, Luxury, Sport, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Rear Seat Comfort, Panoramic Sunroof, Night Vision

Last edited by derfA8L; 04-17-2011 at 03:39 PM.
derfA8L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 211921
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Default Havana Black

Thank you the color is awesome!
Turbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 191329
 
Gear Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 340
Default

It's a wonderful paint finish that from a distance looks as black as any other black paint and it's not until a surface catches the light at a certain angle or up close do you see the brown in the paint.

It's the one black colour I have my eye on for my next car, along with Daytona and Quartz grey.
Gear Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #11
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 26402
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar2011 View Post
Congrats! How long will yours take to build?

If you are not too far away and stop by, won't the dealer wash the car for you?
I haven't received a build date yet, but dealer is saying expect July delivery.

The dealer doesn't wash cars unless your getting service.
chicagoA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #12
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 11928
 
derfA8L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New York City/Hamptons, Long Island
Posts: 3,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Junky View Post
It's the one black colour I have my eye on for my next car, along with Daytona and Quartz grey.
That is if they get that plant in Japan back on line and begin producing the metallic chips/flecks so they can get enough to actually paint cars. Right now I can't even get touch-up paint for my car, and body shops can't get what they need to mix the color. Not a good situation.
__________________

derfA8L

2015 A8L 4.0T (production week 10/20/14...Delivered on 11/21/14) Panther Black Crystal Effect/Black Interior/Black Alcantara/Poplar Brown-Silver Wood Inlays
Premium, Luxury, Sport, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Rear Seat Comfort, Panoramic Sunroof, Night Vision
derfA8L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 191329
 
Gear Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfA8L View Post
That is if they get that plant in Japan back on line and begin producing the metallic chips/flecks so they can get enough to actually paint cars. Right now I can't even get touch-up paint for my car, and body shops can't get what they need to mix the color. Not a good situation.
Havana Black is actually one of a long list of colour affected by what has happened in Japan. You can add Daytona Grey, Lava Grey, Panther Black, Teak Brown, Misano Red, Shiraz Red, Deepsea Blue, Aviator Blue, Scuba Blue and Glacier White. All these colours are experiencing problems with supple.

Audi along with other manufacturers will need to be searching out alternative suppliers.
Gear Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
a7, a7havana, audi, black, forum, havana, havanablack, havanna, havannah, lack, metallic, paint, regular, sale, versus


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Join AudiWorld

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community