Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > A7
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 211921

Default A7 Havana Black

Hello, I am new to the forum and to Audi. Today I put a deposit on an A7 prestige package with Havana Black exterior paint and a black interior - the car is loaded. The Dealer said the car has been built (I have noted other posts indicating hold ups with new orders) and would be at his dealership towards the end of May. I am speculating a bit that I will like the paint and was wondering if someone might be able to post pictures of Havana Black or describe it in contrast to the brilliant black. Is Havana Black similar to BMWs Black Sapphire or Cadillac's Black Ice i.e. with flecks in it? I could switch to a silver exterior/black interior but I really like black cars. I appreciate any help or information you can provide. The A7 is simply an amazing car from its looks to its performance. Thank you!
Turbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 144387

Dont suppose the dealer mentioned that Havana Black is being held up due to sourcing of the paint from Japan?

Retired: 2009 S5 Tiptronic, Meteor Gray, Magma Red, Carbon, Drive Select, Tech, Nav, B&O

2007 Q7 4.2, Navigation, Panoramic, Side Assist,
Mcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 154161

Wouln't matter if the car was already built. My SA told me today there is another batch of A7's available for sale on their way to the US.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A7 Havana Black

Yes, the dealer did confirm the car was built and would be in his dealership in a few weeks mid to late May. I havent seen the color before so I am going on a bit of trust here so thats why I am trying to get a better feel for how the paint looks. If anyone can post a good picture or describe in comparison to brilliant black that would be great. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 169569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo63 View Post

I am speculating a bit that I will like the paint and was wondering if someone might be able to post pictures of Havana Black or describe it in contrast to the brilliant black.
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2803587

There are many A7 cars sitting at the port, soon to be released
uberwgn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 26402

For what its worth I test drove an A7 in Havana Black couple weeks ago. In the showroom the car looked black, but out in the sun you could see the brownish hue to the paint. The only way I could describe it would be to say its like black coffee with a touch of Baileys. Or maybe a Black IPA.

My personal opinion was that it was stunning and in the sun it was a crowd stopper. We ended up ordering in Daytona Gray because I just didn't want to deal with another black car.

I think you will be pleased with the color as long as you are willing to keep the car clean and polished (getting rid of swirl marks).
chicagoA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 210240

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoA6 View Post
For what its worth I test drove an A7 in Havana Black couple weeks ago. In the showroom the car looked black, but out in the sun you could see the brownish hue to the paint. The only way I could describe it would be to say its like black coffee with a touch of Baileys. Or maybe a Black IPA.

My personal opinion was that it was stunning and in the sun it was a crowd stopper. We ended up ordering in Daytona Gray because I just didn't want to deal with another black car.

I think you will be pleased with the color as long as you are willing to keep the car clean and polished (getting rid of swirl marks).
Congrats! How long will yours take to build?

If you are not too far away and stop by, won't the dealer wash the car for you?
caesar2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 11928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo63 View Post
Hello, I am new to the forum and to Audi. Today I put a deposit on an A7 prestige package with Havana Black exterior paint and a black interior - the car is loaded. The Dealer said the car has been built (I have noted other posts indicating hold ups with new orders) and would be at his dealership towards the end of May. I am speculating a bit that I will like the paint and was wondering if someone might be able to post pictures of Havana Black or describe it in contrast to the brilliant black.
As promised in our earlier PMs, here are the pics of my car in Havanna Black metallic. The first 2 shots are close ups of the color in sunlight; the 3rd shot is of the color at dusk with little sunlight. The sig pic shows what it's like in shadow backlit in sunlight. As I stated earlier, it's more of a deep Mahogany with brown/gold highlights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Audi 102.jpg (124.2 KB, 517 views)
File Type: jpg New Audi 105.jpg (158.1 KB, 501 views)
File Type: jpg New Audi 006.jpg (156.2 KB, 502 views)

derfA8L

2011 A8L (Vehicle Assembled on 1-31-11)
Havanna Black metallic/Velvet Beige
Premium, Driver Assist, Night Vision Assist, Drive Select Plus, Rear Seat Comfort, Cold Weather, Panorama Sunroof, LED Headlights, Dual Pane Glass

Soon to arrive 2015 A8L 4.0T (production week 10/20/14)
Panther Black Crystal Effect/Black Interior/Black Alcantara/Poplar Brown-Silver Inlays
Premium, Luxury, Sport, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Rear Seat Comfort, Panoramic Sunroof, Night Vision

Last edited by derfA8L; 04-17-2011 at 03:39 PM.
derfA8L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Havana Black

Thank you the color is awesome!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 191329

It's a wonderful paint finish that from a distance looks as black as any other black paint and it's not until a surface catches the light at a certain angle or up close do you see the brown in the paint.

It's the one black colour I have my eye on for my next car, along with Daytona and Quartz grey.
Gear Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a7, a7havana, audi, black, forum, havana, havanablack, havanna, havannah, lack, metallic, paint, regular, sale, versus