A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 TDI Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olle1
Great, thanks for all the feedback. Seems like Prestige versus Premium Plus is the way to go...no consensus on 19" versus 20" wheels.

I'm definitely excited about the TDI. As I said, I have a long commute, so I'll put the MPG to good use! Also considering a Tesla 70D as it's a similar price point, but feel like the technology still needs another 5+ years to mature...
Likewise I considered the A7-TDI vs Tesla comparison, but my wife and I intend to use this car not only as a daily commuter but also as our long-haul weekend driver to visit our grandchild ( and his parents :-) ) every couple months. The need to recharge the Tesla in the middle of the trip each way, the route has no Supercharging stations so we'd have to detour and add yet distance for that 'espresso stop', and at the no charge station available at end destination shut down that thought ... while with the A7-TDIs range I can go round trip, drive around all weekend while there, and still get home with 1/4 or more of a tank remaining.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcasa
Likewise I considered the A7-TDI vs Tesla comparison, but my wife and I intend to use this car not only as a daily commuter but also as our long-haul weekend driver to visit our grandchild ( and his parents :-) ) every couple months. The need to recharge the Tesla in the middle of the trip each way, the route has no Supercharging stations so we'd have to detour and add yet distance for that 'espresso stop', and at the no charge station available at end destination shut down that thought ... while with the A7-TDIs range I can go round trip, drive around all weekend while there, and still get home with 1/4 or more of a tank remaining.
Similar thinking on our end. Round trip to other house is 360 miles so we "can go round trip, drive around all weekend while there, and still get home with 1/4 or more of a tank remaining" . The range of the A7 TDI is amazing!
Old 05-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a 2016 A7 premium plus,oolong gray with flint gray interior upgraded Bose surround sound cold weAther pkg and rear side airbags. As an Audi club member I got 6% off MSRP plus $2000 off for loyalty and the dealer took another 1% off. Great deal
I just came out of a 2013 M5 and2012 S4 prestige.
Initially I was looking for for an A7 TDI prestige but after looking what was available on the East Coast I decided to get the premium plus based on the color combination and I am very happy. The heads-up display on the A7 prestige does not compare to what I had onmy 2013 M5.
In my opinion it's not worth paying the extra dollars. Further, the technology that Audi has introduced into their model lineup from 2012 to 2016 is incredible. The premium plus has Google earth , LED lighting , and pretty much everything that one would need .
I have the 19 inch wheels with the Goodyear OEM tires which I plan to replace with the new Continental DSW 06s. They just came out with a size for the A7.
I have about 600 miles on the car and I am very happy with the torque of the TDI. I have owned several diesels in the past including a BMW 335d and several Mercedes turbodiesels in the late 1990s. This car is very refined and is a sleeper.
It's basically a judgment call based on your subjective wants and availability based on options and color combinations. You have to decide what your priorities are .
In the end , you will not be disappointed.