A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Age, Location and why A7

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Lexus being more reliable has nothing to do with quality, in fact, I think Audi quality is higher than Lexus. The reason why German cars are less reliable is because they are willing to take the risk and install the latest technology in their cars. While the Japanese just sit back and wait until the Germans work out all the bugs. After the Germans work out all the bugs, the Japanese will then take that technology and engineer it to make it even more reliable before they put it in their cars. There is nothing wrong with either approach, but the design philosophy are certainly difference between the Germans and the Japanese.
And that's why the Japanese cars are also boring. Every time (after I wash it) I have the 7 out for a spin someone comments on the car. Every time.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Why?

Originally Posted by carljones11
I hate this thread!
Just wondering why you hate this thread? Oh, and I apologize for rekindling it.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carljones11
And that's why the Japanese cars are also boring. Every time (after I wash it) I have the 7 out for a spin someone comments on the car. Every time.
Funny you say that -- same thing for me every time I wash it and also when at the gas station -- comments by random people like "Beautiful car", "Nice car", etc. NEVER had that happen on my previous cars which were all Japanese like Toyota, Lexus, Infiniti. My wife thinks people are weird to get so excited about a car -- "it's just a car", she says...
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Reliability has "everything" to do with quality - the better the fit and finish of all the parts, with lower manufacturing tolerances, the more reliable the finished product.

That being said, mechanical design and other factors do contribute to reliability, but the manufacturing revolution that has occurred in the last 20-25 years has brought about cars that last much longer than ever before.

I do agree about the Germans being more "on the edge" with the introduction of advanced systems, and this can affect reliability, albeit more in the longer run in the life of a car. The point is that cars bought today are significantly more reliable than in the not-to-distant past.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rbats
Funny you say that -- same thing for me every time I wash it and also when at the gas station -- comments by random people like "Beautiful car", "Nice car", etc. NEVER had that happen on my previous cars which were all Japanese like Toyota, Lexus, Infiniti. My wife thinks people are weird to get so excited about a car -- "it's just a car", she says...
Next time, try an "it's just a woman" statement on her!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Next time, try an "it's just a woman" statement on her!
I just might use that next time I'm caught staring...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ACHiPo289
Just wondering why you hate this thread? Oh, and I apologize for rekindling it.
I'm just being silly. No worries .
Old 03-19-2012, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Good to know I didn't Step In It

Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default age/location

Originally Posted by vntA7
Hey guys, I'm interested to know a little bit about our A7 Owners. As for me, I'm 28 years old male and living in Portland Oregon. Most people asked me why I didn't buy something else that fits my age. I bought it because I love the way it looks and the car handles extremely well for a sedan.
27, West Palm Beach, FL. Went to trade in my A6, for a newer A6, but saw the A7 and fell in love with it. Figured I would go big now while I'm still single with no kids, and can afford it. Car is awesome!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

20, Long Island NY, Ice Silver/blk prem. plus 20' sport package cold weather side assist I was looking to replace my 2008 Range Rover sport, i was thinking about a 2010-11 to buy or 12' lease. I fell in love with the A7 from the first time i saw it but never thought i could afford it. when i found my car and it was just out of my price range I realized that the difference in gas alone would make up the difference on a finance. Reason i could afford a car at this age is because besides my car I really don't have any major expenses. Also i payed $10k under sticker, it had 2000 miles on it, to me it was worth it. I absolutely love the car, the attention it gets is unreal, it handles great with minimal body roll compared to cars of its size. Only thing that kills me is no rear wiper!!!

Quick Reply: Age, Location and why A7