A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Anybody here has a SQ5/Q5 as well??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjm3457
No, not in my case. We have 3 additional people in the car maybe once a year, so it just doesn't apply. As for that middle seat in back, have you looked into having the back seat replaced with a full seat as available in newer A7's, and the cost? I haven't. It may be expensive, but think about the cost relative to the first year of depreciation on a new car. Luckily, there's nothing on my horizon that would cause me to give up the A7 for all the pure driving enjoyment and satisfaction that it provides.
I tried to ask here once (the center seat retrofit) and because I just wanted to swap the center thing without including the seatbelt I got several lectures about safety.
I checked the pictures of both seats (with or without) and they are completely different, Audi did not just replace the center "console" with a cushion, it seems from the pictures that both left and right seats are different too (they don't have the part that goes towards the center), unless there is a way to remove parts of the seats vs the whole seat, my guess you need to change the whole rear seat.

But I understand your point, we are a family of 3, and we seat 5 people few times a year too, and I believe the A7 is a way better car than a SQ5/Q5

I walk to work, I have used the A7 5k miles in the last 2 years, the cobra is of course a weekend car, so we always use the Cayenne.

But having three cars and barely using them is not smart so I decided to sell the Cayenne and the A7 and buy my wife a new car.

But honesty the A7 is way better than any car that I can get with the money I will get now for the A7, unless I buy a used car but I don't know the history of the car, service, etc.

I put both cars for sale, let's see what happens, the A7 is fair priced but including the 7k in modifications, and that reduces the possible customers (willing to pay for mods) considerably

Thanks for your input