A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Best suspension set up for A7 w/sports package?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Best suspension set up for A7 w/sports package?

Hey guys,

I already had my A7 with 20 inch sports package for 1 month now. I am getting the all seasons continentals switched out for the michelin pilot sport tires soon. I want to minimize the body roll this car has to make it more sharper. I read alot about the Hibachis vs H&R vs listen. Since I already have the sports suspension I don't want to sacrifice too much lowering and I want to maintain the ride with slight more stiffness but really improve the handling on the corners.

Can anyone tell me what they have as their aftermarket suspension setup and their impressions and feedback. I would be so grateful. Otherwise I love this car.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

At the moment i am leaning towards the Eibachs.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered the Eurocode sway bars? That's on my to-do list.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Name:  Handlingchart01_zps6bff8a5d.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  34.4 KB

I would try a larger rear sway bar and play with the tire pressures before changing springs and shocks. That would reduce the body roll without a lot of shop time and expense.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tman007
Have you considered the Eurocode sway bars? That's on my to-do list.
I recently looked this up in the morning before your post and I am very interested in the Eurocode sway bars now! Many people are impressed with it and the quality. Do you think this is will be better then replacing the suspension with hibachis because the sports suspension is still quite good. The swap bars will help with the body lean in the turns.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed

I would try a larger rear sway bar and play with the tire pressures before changing springs and shocks. That would reduce the body roll without a lot of shop time and expense.
Excellent point! I love that chart since it gives me a great overview of the simple things we can do to adjust the handling behavior of the car.

Since the eurocode sway bars come in front and rear pairs, that should be fine right?
Old 04-23-2015, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Excellent point! I love that chart since it gives me a great overview of the simple things we can do to adjust the handling behavior of the car.

Since the eurocode sway bars come in front and rear pairs, that should be fine right?
Yes, you should be fine with replacing both bars. Many others have done it and the aftermarket sway bars are not that much larger than OEM. Just a little flatter in the corners.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So after 2 months with the car I ordered the Eurocode sway bars and will get the michelin pilot sport tires this week. I am disappointed in the body roll of this car compared to my dads 2012 Audi A8L with 19 inch wheels. I attribute it to the heavy rear end and the soft tires on the A7 along with the nonadjustable suspension. So hopefully these changes will make me satisfied.
Otherwise the car is great. I just want to it make it nimble like my brothers 2014 Audi A6 with sports package which rides on 20 inch and michelin pilot sport a/s 3 tires.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires 275/35R20 put on today and properly road force balanced. The ride is smooth and the handling has VASTLY improved!! Steering is heavy and precise with good feedback. Road noise is minimal at all speed and on all types of pavements. The body roll has decreased substantially with both rapid lane changes and turn. There is far better braking feel compared to the OEM contiprocontact TX tires. The car feels so different and at a whole new level. I am very impressed with this car now that it is riding on some decent Michelin rubber. I will still do the sway bars next and will keep you guys posted!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Update #2:

I had the eurocode front and rear sway bars put on my A7 last week and have driven over 400 miles since. My verdict: Definite improvement in the body roll. The car is now more planted and more surefooted in the turns. I can take the u-turns and off ramps with ease with the car staying flatter without compromising the ride quality. I cannot see much difference in the ride. Its smooth and stable as before with the Michelins. The car steering is more precise with more rapid response in lane changes and a little more road feedback. I like how more dynamically involved the car is with a great ride feel and comfort from the backroads in the city and town to the highway. I highly recommend eurocode. You can adjust the front and rear bar stiffness to soft or stiff. I did front soft and rear stiff and it gives me more overstear over the typical Audi understear feel allowing for a perfect balance.