A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Cargo dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropin
I would say way more than most "small" SUV's. Probably similar to most "medium" SUV's.

I've owned small (Jeep Liberty) Medium (Jeep Grand Cherokee's) and Medium Large (Dodge Durango's).

It will hold WAY more than a Libery, Probably as much or more than a Grand Cherokee (with kids in the back seat but not if they are folded down) and less than the Durango.
Wow, really as much as a Cherokee? I know the depth/width dimensions might be similar but it seems like you lose a lot of height. I currently have a Murano which has a good amount of space and we tend to carry a lot of things which is why I am having some reservations about it.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wordsworth03
Wow, really as much as a Cherokee? I know the depth/width dimensions might be similar but it seems like you lose a lot of height. I currently have a Murano which has a good amount of space and we tend to carry a lot of things which is why I am having some reservations about it.

Maybe not if your cramming stuff up to the roof of the Cherokee......but yeah the A7 has a surprising amount of storage space. With the seats folded down it's ridiculous.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I don't know how Audi supports their claim of 24.5 sq ft of cargo space with the rear seats up. The depth of the trunk at the rear is less than 12 inches at the rear of the car. Using my trusty tape measure and a little high school geometry, I come up with less than 14 sq ft. My golf bag reaches the top of the trunk when I close it.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think you have to take off the security covers / shelf to get the bigger volume
Old 08-20-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wordsworth03
But really trying to convince the wife that it has nearly as much cargo space as a small-medium SUV.
I recently compared the cargo space of the A7 with a Porsche Macan. The Macan was slightly wider (maybe 2-3 inches), however, significantly shorter (maybe 10-12 inches) front to back. The A7 wins this comparo.

The cargo capacity of the A7 has more usable cargo space compared to any sedan / coupe I know - and compares favorably with most small SUVs. If you remove the cargo cover you can get a lot more stuff back there, but at the expense of rear visibility.

If you fold one or both of the back seats you will be amazed at the capacity. The hatch also makes it easily accessible.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I realize the dealer is not close but if this is really important to you, you could fill up your Murano with the stuff you would normally schlep and see if it can fit comfortably in a seats up A7 on the lot. I own a pair of large, expensive suitcases we like to use for long trips and wasn't sure they would fit side by side when considering purchasing a C7 A6. Drove to the dealer with the bags and tried them out in a trunk. They passed the test with not much extra width to spare (the A6 trunk is much larger than my prev A4 and even bigger than my old 01 A6). Might be worth the trouble to convince the wife.