A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

EXCLUSIVE: Volkswagen To Announce “TDI Goodwill Program” Next Week

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXCLUSIVE: Volkswagen To Announce “TDI Goodwill Program” Next Week

This could be good or bad news depending on how you look at it.

EXCLUSIVE: Volkswagen To Announce "TDI Goodwill Program" Next Week

Volkswagen of America, in a bid to regain the trust of current diesel owners, will announce a prepaid card campaign on November 9, TTAC has learned.

The program, detailed to dealers Thursday in preparation of its public announcement, is aimed at current owners of affected TDI models regardless of whether they bought their car new or used.

Two prepaid cards will be offered to those TDI owners. The first one will be for $500 and has no restrictions on where it can be used. The second, which may be valued between $500 and $750, will be limited to use at Volkswagen dealerships.

According to our tipster, owners of affected models will need to visit their local Volkswagen dealership with proof of vehicle ownership to activate the prepaid cards.

Owners can find out if they qualify for the “TDI Goodwill Program” by going to www.vwdieselinfo.com and doing a VIN lookup on or after November 9. If they qualify, owners will then be asked to register to receive updates regarding future developments on their diesel vehicles.

The program is expected to apply only to four-cylinder diesels for now, though it could be expanded to 3-liter V-6 diesels later.

Representatives for Volkswagen of America could not be reached for comment.

The additional cash could be a plus for those looking to stay with the brand but get away from their diesel cars. Volkswagen announced October 31 that they would subsidize dealers to take in TDI vehicles on trade at pre-crisis valuations, on top of a $2,000 TDI owner loyalty discount announced October 2.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

How about they just fix their damn emissions problem? I love my 2016 A7 TDI ... a great car in all aspects. One of my purchase criteria was highway mileage, and my A7 TDI recently got 41 MPG on a 600 mile round trip (doing 75 mph avg). I don't want to trade in this gem for a gasoline version. I don't want a damn $500 gift card or a trade-in valuation that still will represent lost valuation even if they do a 'pre-crisis' appraisal.

I want VW/Audi to do the right thing and FIX MY CAR and preserve the value of my nearly $80K out-the-door investment.

Last edited by dawgcasa; 11-08-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah I love our 2014 Audi A6 TDI and I just want them to get to the bottom of it and find out if the EPA is right or not and if there is a cheating software in the 3.0TDI, then correct it. The engine is amazing, super powerful, smooth, and amazing gas mileage. I would not trade it in period. My 2016 A7 3.0T is a great engine with great pick up and gives 28-29 mpg on highway but city its lower then the A6 TDI so its a trade off thus both engine are great.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Geeze too many folks around here with their panties in a bind. The A7 TDI isn't going anywhere there will be no sacrifice in performance. In fact I'm so very happy I bought my 2016 A7 Prestige TDI right before this whole scandal broke - literally within two weeks. Audi will be offering up all sorts of goodies gift cards, extended warranties, etc etc. to keep their TDI customers happy. TDIs represent less than 10% of the cars for the A7 model (probably 600ish nationwide for the 2016 model year). Not only that it if they stop selling diesel and do away with the TDI brand all together they will command a higher price at a later date than they normally would have. I'm just hoping they extend it to earlier models like my wife's 2014 A7 Prestige TDI.