A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Kill the Audi Navigation, Give me Google Maps

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
I agree I like more frequent downloads to be pushed to my car from Audi instead of 1-2x a year.. But to be honest I like the Audi navigation way more than BMW and Mercedes cars in the house. The BMW navigation is boring and not accurate whereas the Mercedes is mind boggling to input addresses etc. The best navigation that was most accurate was my 2013 Lexus GS F-Sport which would have precise locations and directions that tops the germans. Lexus even had more updates to the navigation that was done few or more times a year without me having to go and select update navigation data on the car system.
I agree with you on the other navigation systems. The Merc is too difficult to use and its voice command system is primitive. The BMW on the other had is easy to use but always inaccurate in it direction and i am unsure how it decides what roads to use. I have never owned a Lexus and you seem to have owned one in the past. I need good information in everything and my navigation should be no exception. I just wish they will get this from the best and stop all this trial and error
Old 05-30-2016, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by allaboutA7
They should simply get the updated maps from google who seem to be on their game when it comes to map data. If Audi wants to lead the way it in car infotainment, they should take the extra step
Make your voice heard. Talk to Audi, complain that the maps a severely outdated for your region. Nothing is gonna change unless you give them feedback. They do listen. I gave them crap about the buggy MMI Connect app and they addressed all my complaints. Sometimes it takes a little bit of pushing, but they do seem to listen.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
I can update my 2016 Audi A7 over the air for the navigation updates. I love how the google maps is integrated into the car though not perfect like the phone. The navigation has definitely improved and has the traffic information integrated. I have no issues with it so far. I use google search on my Audi connect to put in the names of the places I want to go and I can enter in the destination on my phone and it can be sent to the car.
I have a 2016 A7 as well. Are you having the issue where the MMI asks for your PIN every time you try to use Audi Connect in the car?
Old 05-31-2016, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Make your voice heard. Talk to Audi, complain that the maps a severely outdated for your region. Nothing is gonna change unless you give them feedback. They do listen. I gave them crap about the buggy MMI Connect app and they addressed all my complaints. Sometimes it takes a little bit of pushing, but they do seem to listen.
I will give it a go if you think they will listen. Do you know where i should send my comments to?
Old 05-31-2016, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I will give it a go if you think they will listen. Do you know where i should send my comments to?
All the ways you can contact them are on the website. I usually send an email or use the chat feature. You can reach them 24/7.

https://www.audiusa.com/help/contact-us
Old 05-31-2016, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanerh
I have a 2016 A7 as well. Are you having the issue where the MMI asks for your PIN every time you try to use Audi Connect in the car?

I only have to put in the PIN 1 time and thats it. There should be a button to store the PIN or something since you shouldn't have to put it in more than once when you connect the Audi connect app.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That happens to me quite often but not every time i drive the car. For instance, yesterday i was going somewhere with the wifey early in the morning so i decided the night before to send the address information to the car, no problem. In the morning i started the car and went to retrieve it and it asked me for the password. I couldn't start fiddling with it at that point so i simply used my phone to navigate. So the simple answer is Yes it happens to me too.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It seems to be an issue in the 2016, but I'm not sure. The PIN is stored as part of your paired Bluetooth profile. For the MMI to find the PIN, the Bluetooth connection to the phone has to be active and established. If you try to retrieve addresses too early when the Bluetooth connection hasn't been made yet, then it will ask for the PIN. If you just go back and wait a little longer it should find the PIN. That's how it works on earlier MMIs, but based on other posts, it appears that there's a bug in the 2016 MMI.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

If you have changed your phone since originally activating Audi Connect, try deleting the phone's bluetooth device in the MMI and the phone itself and re-pair the two. There is some synergy between Audi Connect and a specific phone. Also, you can try resetting the telephone default settings in Menu>Setup MMI>Factory Default Settings>Telephone. These worked for me - after entering it once, no more asking for the pin each time I use Audi Connect.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi, please please drop the nav system and google earth gimmick and give us Google maps.
I totally agree. I have a 2017 Q7 and it has its own navigation, plus Apple CarPlay which resorts to Apple Maps. I continually find myself holding my phone in my hand for navigation, using Google maps.

Quick Reply: Kill the Audi Navigation, Give me Google Maps