A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Loose/broken NAV Screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose/broken NAV Screen

Hi all,

During sudden braking an 8f piece of lumber that I was transporting slid forward and hit the NAV screen causing it to 'dislodge' from its carrier. Pretty sure I heard a snapping noise and the NAV screen now no longer slides in and out of the dashboard. Upon closer inspection it appears there's a small white piece of plastic that connects the screen to the carrier and it's missing on the right side of the carrier (that's still there on the left side).

Does anyone know what this part is/where I can purchase it/if there's DIY guide to replace it?

Thanks,

Mat
Old 01-19-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to post picture of where the missing bit it:
Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by matbow
Hi all,

During sudden braking an 8f piece of lumber that I was transporting slid forward and hit the NAV screen causing it to 'dislodge' from its carrier. Pretty sure I heard a snapping noise and the NAV screen now no longer slides in and out of the dashboard. Upon closer inspection it appears there's a small white piece of plastic that connects the screen to the carrier and it's missing on the right side of the carrier (that's still there on the left side).

Does anyone know what this part is/where I can purchase it/if there's DIY guide to replace it?

Thanks,

Mat
Talk to the parts department of your local Audi dealership. They will be able to pull up the exploded parts view of your particular model that will show the individual parts. If you ask them nicely, they will even print it out for you.

Once you identify the part you need, they can advise you the cost and availability.

Be prepared that many of the small parts are not available individually but packaged as part of a parts kit that contain a lot of small parts related to the assembly, and the price of a kit may be substantial. However once you have the info, you can start looking for what you need at the auto wreckers.

As far as a DIY guide, I have not seen one but in the past, when I needed some info of how to do something, I asked the lead technician of the service department to print out the relevant pages of the official service manual. He has obliged every time.

In general, building a friendly relationship with the parts and service department personnel can save you a lot of money over time.

Last edited by fkaufman; 01-20-2017 at 03:10 AM.