A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI Updated - 3G+ to 0770

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked my dealer to update the firmware, primarily to get the dual sim function, but also to solve an intermittent iPod connection issue, but they have refused. Very annoying as they have messed up on a few other issues, but still preach to me, but reality is I generally know more than they do! Anyhow I thought I would circumvent them and buy the two updates I need, 0614 and 0770, but they won't sell me them, stating they are service tools not for general sale, so I am snookered.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

1. Go to another service center.
2. Call Audi customer service at head office.

Originally Posted by justins
I asked my dealer to update the firmware, primarily to get the dual sim function, but also to solve an intermittent iPod connection issue, but they have refused. Very annoying as they have messed up on a few other issues, but still preach to me, but reality is I generally know more than they do! Anyhow I thought I would circumvent them and buy the two updates I need, 0614 and 0770, but they won't sell me them, stating they are service tools not for general sale, so I am snookered.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have already spoken to Audi HQ, pointless, they just read from a script and they can't adjust when they have a technically knowledgeable customer asking for something that isn't on their script. As for another centre, the distance makes it inconvenient.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justins
I have already spoken to Audi HQ, pointless, they just read from a script and they can't adjust when they have a technically knowledgeable customer asking for something that isn't on their script. As for another centre, the distance makes it inconvenient.
Send a message to their AUDI USA Facebook page..
https://www.facebook.com/audi

see what response you get
Old 07-19-2014, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The US Audi dealer network, generally speaking, isn't up to the standards of other German brands, and Lexus. Not even close. That is one of the main things concerning me about moving from MB/BMW, to an Audi.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
The US Audi dealer network, generally speaking, isn't up to the standards of other German brands, and Lexus. Not even close. That is one of the main things concerning me about moving from MB/BMW, to an Audi.
And the data source for this assertion?
Old 07-19-2014, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It seems like the key is getting the specific TSB guidelines for an update. Is there any way to get this info unless you have a really good relationship with your dealer?

If it wasn't for the great info from RobRoy in a previous thread about MMI updates, I never would have been able upgrade from the ancient 480 to 715-2.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello. Thanks for interesting info. Do your car have Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE)?
I have v.532 and want 0770, wrote a post here about it. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-time-2876584/
Old 04-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NorthWestA6
If anyone's interested I've just updated my MMI to version 0770 from 0518, the process took about 3 hours in total and did the full 3 steps to make sure nothing went wrong.

I ordered 2 CDs and 1 SD card from my local dealers and followed the following process -

0518 - 0612 using CD 8R0 906 961BT
0612 - 0614 using CD 8R0 906 961CD
0614 - 0770 using SD 8R0 906 961DG

I did one update at a time with a journey in between updates to ensure the battery didn't die on me, but you could connect a battery charger to negate the risk and do them one after another.

To start the process you need ignition on (engine not running) and I turned everything else off (aircon, auto-lights, etc.),
Then press together CAR + BACK buttons to access the Update menu. Brings up a RED menu.
Bottom right MMI button is UPDATE select this and it will then ask for media location - insert relevant media and select.
A list of updates will appear with Y, N or NA against them, scroll to the bottom and select UPDATE, allow the process to run to completion - don't worry when system reboots and comes back in German, it will reboot again into original language.

The above part numbers are relevant for MMI 3G+ in the A7, A6, A8 & Q3 according to the link below which also includes part numbers for other models and MMI versions globally.

CarFreak's Blog: Übersicht Audi MMI 3G / 3GP / MMI Plus Software-Versionen

I don't confess to being an expert (I've always updated my own MMI software on the 4 Audis I've had with no problems at all) but I followed the above steps with no problems at all please use at your own discretion
Hi,
I am trying to update a US C7 A6. Did you have to do anything special to enable the CAR+BACK combination to work? I have the green menu enabled already. I haven't been able to get CAR+BACK to work though. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by brettgavin
Hi,
I am trying to update a US C7 A6. Did you have to do anything special to enable the CAR+BACK combination to work? I have the green menu enabled already. I haven't been able to get CAR+BACK to work though. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
The OP is from the UK and MMI version updates are different in Europe. I doubt it's possible in the U.S. to DIY. Convince the dealer do it and save yourself angst from possibly screwing up your MMI.

Quick Reply: MMI Updated - 3G+ to 0770