My GIAC stage 2 is FAST - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > A7

A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

My GIAC stage 2 is FAST

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
AudiWorld Senior Member

So I went to the race gas station when the tank was almost empty I got 40 Dlls of "cheap" 8 Dlls per gallon 100 octane gas and I did a couple of runs with my PocketDyno app (which by the way has amazing reviews and it is FREE) No AC, 68 degrees fahrenheit brake torquing and manual tranny and a really flat road. The car goes like propelled by a slingshot in 100 octane mode, This app starts counting as soon as your car moves so you take out the human error of reaction time so it is only the car and it is really accurate. I was really impressed with the results 4.13 0-60 9.56 0-100 12.47 quarter mile I am sure I can improve those numbers with better take offs and colder temp.
Attached Images

GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE 2015

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
-AUDI A7 PRESTIGE 2012 GIAC STAGE 2 (460HP AND 420 FT-LBS), AWE TOURING DIAMOND BLACK EXHAUST, INJEN INTAKE, EIBACH SPRINGS, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS.
-PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
-HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
-MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
-PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
-BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003

Last edited by feralc; 10-21-2013 at 08:40 PM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member

Very Impressive! Thanks for sharing!

Could you share what else have you noticed about the stage 2 upgrade? Good and Bad. Does the engine sound any different? Gas Mileage?

Also, I see you have in the Injen intake.Curious about that as well.

Im very interested in doing this myself..

Thanks,

Johnny
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Very Impressive! Thanks for sharing! Could you share what else have you noticed about the stage 2 upgrade? Good and Bad. Does the engine sound any different? Gas Mileage? Also, I see you have in the Injen intake.Curious about that as well. Im very interested in doing this myself.. Thanks, Johnny
The engine whines more because the faster pulley and the Injen intake, also the awe exhaust is amazing (although I have been hearing a rattling/tinny sound since a couple of days that the shop will check tomorrow, I have been a real AWE advocate and I hope AWE fixes whatever needs to be fixed under warranty. Gas mileage is the same IF you drive normally obviously you tend to not do that at the beginning, but honestly I do not pay attention that much to that factor because I prefer performance over improved gas mileage (you don't buy a sports car for the consumption and that is why I tuned my A7 to have sports car performance or close) I did the intake and the exhaust because it was recommended by GIAC, I do not know exactly the gains which component contributed by itself but the overall is great. I am accelerating faster in my A7 than I ever did in my tuned SL55 and that means a LOT.

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
-AUDI A7 PRESTIGE 2012 GIAC STAGE 2 (460HP AND 420 FT-LBS), AWE TOURING DIAMOND BLACK EXHAUST, INJEN INTAKE, EIBACH SPRINGS, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS.

Last edited by feralc; 10-22-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member

nice numbers!!

did you input the exact weight of the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralc View Post
The engine whines more because the faster pulley and the Injen intake, also the awe exhaust is amazing (although I have been hearing a rattling/tinny sound since a couple of days that the shop will check tomorrow, I have been a real AWE advocate and I hope AWE fixes whatever needs to be fixed under warranty. Gas mileage is the same IF you drive normally obviously you tend to not do that at the beginning, but honestly I do not pay attention that much to that factor because I prefer performance over improved gas mileage (you don't buy a sports car for the consumption and that is why I tuned my A7 to have sports car performance or close) I did the intake and the exhaust because it was recommended by GIAC, I do not know exactly the gains which component contributed by itself but the overall is great. I am accelerating faster in my A7 than I ever did in my tuned SL55 and that means a LOT.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

Default performance

Quote:
my A7 have been tune by Stasis
it is more tort at low end ,you can feel it
but taking A7 to race track then it is a joke compare to RS or S model.
A7 the Rev. is very limited and car is unstable. just tune A7 then use on DD then it is OK.
i trade that A7 in for RS5
order took 4 months .the RS5 is all difference ball game compare to A7 from DD or on the track.
even the sound from muffler .my wife love this RS5
next one is RS7 if i do not have to wait 4 months.
a7 stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member

I was looking to tune my a7 with the giac software, they're coming with the plug and play switchable program remotes now... I'm just concerned about warranty issues, I've been reading up on how dealers now tag cars with td1 if your car has a tune on it? I'm wondering if with that giac remote if it leaves a trace of the software when you return it back to stock mode? I bought my a7 where in the past I've leased and didn't care about tuning the car. I had a s5 v8 with apr and I wasn't impressed at all, what opened my eyes was a s4 3.0t with stage 2 giac... Omg that car was a beast! Anyhow any input helps thanks.

Last edited by Yoshi123; 08-06-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Yoshi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member

I traded in my Stasis A7 towards my RS7 and, despite the tune, got excellent trade-in value ($2,000 over the top trade-in price on Kelly Blue Book). Now, I have a long standing relationship with my dealer, and they did all of the Stasis installs and new the car well. They seemed to think that the tune wouldn't hurt the car's resale value.
60614allroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi123 View Post
I was looking to tune my a7 with the giac software, they're coming with the plug and play switchable program remotes now... I'm just concerned about warranty issues, I've been reading up on how dealers now tag cars with td1 if your car has a tune on it? I'm wondering if with that giac remote if it leaves a trace of the software when you return it back to stock mode? I bought my a7 where in the past I've leased and didn't care about tuning the car. I had a s5 v8 with arp and I wasn't impressed at all, what opened my eyes was a s4 3.0t with stage 2 giac... Omg that car was a beast! Anyhow any input helps thanks.
Where did you hear about the plug and play switchable programs? That sounds very enticing. Is that something you could just order and use yourself or does it still require going to a GIAC shop?
amelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelen View Post
Where did you hear about the plug and play switchable programs? That sounds very enticing. Is that something you could just order and use yourself or does it still require going to a GIAC shop?
GIAC provides a handheld for switching programs that you rarely use unless when you put 100 octane gas

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
I was looking to tune my a7 with the giac software, they're coming with the plug and play switchable program remotes now... I'm just concerned about warranty issues, I've been reading up on how dealers now tag cars with td1 if your car has a tune on it? I'm wondering if with that giac remote if it leaves a trace of the software when you return it back to stock mode? I bought my a7 where in the past I've leased and didn't care about tuning the car. I had a s5 v8 with arp and I wasn't impressed at all, what opened my eyes was a s4 3.0t with stage 2 giac... Omg that car was a beast! Anyhow any input helps thanks.
Just tell your dealer to not connect the Audi computer and no td1
There are some updates that you cannot perform without connecting the computer so just do them when the warranty is about to expire.

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
Old 11-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
GIAC provides a handheld for switching programs that you rarely use unless when you put 100 octane gas
Ahh. interesting. On top of the dealer/warranty situation, it kind of feels weird to me to have the car flashed at a shop with no real guarantee that the flash happened. Anyone else have that reservation or is it very obvious that you got the flash? Also, if the dealer accidentally erases it, how would you know it's even gone? Just feels like a lot of money for something that doesn't seem super tangible?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
The giac plug in remote comes with the tune for $1299, the shop that was offering is called C.A.R.S located in Las Vegas nv.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Ahh. interesting. On top of the dealer/warranty situation, it kind of feels weird to me to have the car flashed at a shop with no real guarantee that the flash happened. Anyone else have that reservation or is it very obvious that you got the flash? Also, if the dealer accidentally erases it, how would you know it's even gone? Just feels like a lot of money for something that doesn't seem super tangible?
It is REALLY obvious you got the flash, but if you are worried just connect the handheld and the handheld will tell you which program (valet, stock, pump or race) you have enabled.
The dealer cannot erase your flash accidentally unless they want to flas the ECU on purpose, never is going to happen in normal service, something must happened for them to go into that area, but as I said you don't want them to go into the ECU, regardless if they flash it back to stock or not you will be branded TD1 and there's your powertrain warranty down the toilet.
So you get the flash, you FEEL it (nigh and day) and you tell your dealer your car is tuned and to NOT connect the Audi computer, my dealer is very cool about that, IF something breaks , you go to GIAC you asked them to flash back your car to stock (not stock mode) and then your dealer can connect the Audi computer and submit the warranty claim, you get your car fixed, you go to GIAC and they flashed it again (they won't charge you they are really cool)
If nothing ever happens (that is what happens most of the time) you wait until your warranty is about to expire and then you get all your updates you skipped because of not connecting the Audi computer,
Voila

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
Old 11-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
It is REALLY obvious you got the flash, but if you are worried just connect the handheld and the handheld will tell you which program (valet, stock, pump or race) you have enabled.
The dealer cannot erase your flash accidentally unless they want to flas the ECU on purpose, never is going to happen in normal service, something must happened for them to go into that area, but as I said you don't want them to go into the ECU, regardless if they flash it back to stock or not you will be branded TD1 and there's your powertrain warranty down the toilet.
So you get the flash, you FEEL it (nigh and day) and you tell your dealer your car is tuned and to NOT connect the Audi computer, my dealer is very cool about that, IF something breaks , you go to GIAC you asked them to flash back your car to stock (not stock mode) and then your dealer can connect the Audi computer and submit the warranty claim, you get your car fixed, you go to GIAC and they flashed it again (they won't charge you they are really cool)
If nothing ever happens (that is what happens most of the time) you wait until your warranty is about to expire and then you get all your updates you skipped because of not connecting the Audi computer,
Voila
Thank you - very helpful! I heard that Jack Daniels Motors in North NJ is mod-friendly (they do GIAC tunes at the dealership it seems). I sent them an email asking for more info, let's see what they say. I paid extra to have my car CPO-ed with the extra warranty, would kind of suck to lose it. The other choice is APR, which has several shops nearby and seems cheaper?

Also - do all GIAC tunes come with the handheld (so you can chose the tune level) or is that something you have to pay extra for?
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you - very helpful! I heard that Jack Daniels Motors in North NJ is mod-friendly (they do GIAC tunes at the dealership it seems). I sent them an email asking for more info, let's see what they say. I paid extra to have my car CPO-ed with the extra warranty, would kind of suck to lose it. The other choice is APR, which has several shops nearby and seems cheaper? Also - do all GIAC tunes come with the handheld (so you can chose the tune level) or is that something you have to pay extra for?
They all do come with the handheld, honestly you never use it unless you want to put it in 100 octane mode (race) because why would you put it to stock or valet (it is just cool to have he feature)
Note that if you do stage 2 (with a pulley upgrade) you lose stock mode (valet race and pump only) which honestly I don't care because as I said why would you do that (only to feel the difference once)

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
Old 11-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #16
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
They all do come with the handheld, honestly you never use it unless you want to put it in 100 octane mode (race) because why would you put it to stock or valet (it is just cool to have he feature)
Note that if you do stage 2 (with a pulley upgrade) you lose stock mode (valet race and pump only) which honestly I don't care because as I said why would you do that (only to feel the difference once)
Gotcha - thanks! I like the idea of the handheld more so to confirm the flash is there than to actually switch between modes.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #17
Audiworld Junior Member

What do you guys know about the giac/awe st 1 xplus software update? I was talking to my local shop today, (cars in Vegas) they were telling me about this updated software. They're saying another 25-30 hp gain from the st 1 with this update? Anyhow I am getting the giac on my a7 next month stage 1, and I'm going to look into this power boost gauge too. I don't want to push it with my dealership my warranty is good till 18 lol!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #18
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
What do you guys know about the giac/awe st 1 xplus software update? I was talking to my local shop today, (cars in Vegas) they were telling me about this updated software. They're saying another 25-30 hp gain from the st 1 with this update? Anyhow I am getting the giac on my a7 next month stage 1, and I'm going to look into this power boost gauge too. I don't want to push it with my dealership my warranty is good till 18 lol!
You are referring to the stage 2 and trust me is a rocket

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
Old 01-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #19
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
You are referring to the stage 2 and trust me is a rocket
Where did you get your GIAC upgrade?
krazyhabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:03 AM   #20
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhabu View Post
Where did you get your GIAC upgrade?
Stage 1 at GIAC directly
Stage 2 at TAG motorsports (Alex will help you)

GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)

Tags
060, 1m, 2005, 2013, a4, a4b8, a7, audi, b7, bmw, dealers, giac, s4, s5, stage, texas