My GIAC stage 2 is FAST - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > A7
Log In 


A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

My GIAC stage 2 is FAST

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

So I went to the race gas station when the tank was almost empty I got 40 Dlls of "cheap" 8 Dlls per gallon 100 octane gas and I did a couple of runs with my PocketDyno app (which by the way has amazing reviews and it is FREE) No AC, 68 degrees fahrenheit brake torquing and manual tranny and a really flat road. The car goes like propelled by a slingshot in 100 octane mode, This app starts counting as soon as your car moves so you take out the human error of reaction time so it is only the car and it is really accurate. I was really impressed with the results 4.13 0-60 9.56 0-100 12.47 quarter mile I am sure I can improve those numbers with better take offs and colder temp.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by feralc; 10-21-2013 at 08:40 PM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 53
Default

Very Impressive! Thanks for sharing!

Could you share what else have you noticed about the stage 2 upgrade? Good and Bad. Does the engine sound any different? Gas Mileage?

Also, I see you have in the Injen intake.Curious about that as well.


Im very interested in doing this myself..


Thanks,

Johnny
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Very Impressive! Thanks for sharing! Could you share what else have you noticed about the stage 2 upgrade? Good and Bad. Does the engine sound any different? Gas Mileage? Also, I see you have in the Injen intake.Curious about that as well. Im very interested in doing this myself.. Thanks, Johnny
The engine whines more because the faster pulley and the Injen intake, also the awe exhaust is amazing (although I have been hearing a rattling/tinny sound since a couple of days that the shop will check tomorrow, I have been a real AWE advocate and I hope AWE fixes whatever needs to be fixed under warranty. Gas mileage is the same IF you drive normally obviously you tend to not do that at the beginning, but honestly I do not pay attention that much to that factor because I prefer performance over improved gas mileage (you don't buy a sports car for the consumption and that is why I tuned my A7 to have sports car performance or close) I did the intake and the exhaust because it was recommended by GIAC, I do not know exactly the gains which component contributed by itself but the overall is great. I am accelerating faster in my A7 than I ever did in my tuned SL55 and that means a LOT.

Last edited by feralc; 10-22-2013 at 06:37 AM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 110
Default

nice numbers!!

did you input the exact weight of the car?


Quote:
Originally Posted by feralc View Post
The engine whines more because the faster pulley and the Injen intake, also the awe exhaust is amazing (although I have been hearing a rattling/tinny sound since a couple of days that the shop will check tomorrow, I have been a real AWE advocate and I hope AWE fixes whatever needs to be fixed under warranty. Gas mileage is the same IF you drive normally obviously you tend to not do that at the beginning, but honestly I do not pay attention that much to that factor because I prefer performance over improved gas mileage (you don't buy a sports car for the consumption and that is why I tuned my A7 to have sports car performance or close) I did the intake and the exhaust because it was recommended by GIAC, I do not know exactly the gains which component contributed by itself but the overall is great. I am accelerating faster in my A7 than I ever did in my tuned SL55 and that means a LOT.
__________________
2012 A7 Premium Plus
2011 S5 Premium Plus-SOLD
zukbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Default performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralc View Post
The engine whines more because the faster pulley and the Injen intake, also the awe exhaust is amazing (although I have been hearing a rattling/tinny sound since a couple of days that the shop will check tomorrow, I have been a real AWE advocate and I hope AWE fixes whatever needs to be fixed under warranty. Gas mileage is the same IF you drive normally obviously you tend to not do that at the beginning, but honestly I do not pay attention that much to that factor because I prefer performance over improved gas mileage (you don't buy a sports car for the consumption and that is why I tuned my A7 to have sports car performance or close) I did the intake and the exhaust because it was recommended by GIAC, I do not know exactly the gains which component contributed by itself but the overall is great. I am accelerating faster in my A7 than I ever did in my tuned SL55 and that means a LOT.
my A7 have been tune by Stasis
it is more tort at low end ,you can feel it
but taking A7 to race track then it is a joke compare to RS or S model.
A7 the Rev. is very limited and car is unstable. just tune A7 then use on DD then it is OK.
i trade that A7 in for RS5
order took 4 months .the RS5 is all difference ball game compare to A7 from DD or on the track.
even the sound from muffler .my wife love this RS5
next one is RS7 if i do not have to wait 4 months.
a7 stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Yoshi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 47
Default

I was looking to tune my a7 with the giac software, they're coming with the plug and play switchable program remotes now... I'm just concerned about warranty issues, I've been reading up on how dealers now tag cars with td1 if your car has a tune on it? I'm wondering if with that giac remote if it leaves a trace of the software when you return it back to stock mode? I bought my a7 where in the past I've leased and didn't care about tuning the car. I had a s5 v8 with apr and I wasn't impressed at all, what opened my eyes was a s4 3.0t with stage 2 giac... Omg that car was a beast! Anyhow any input helps thanks.

Last edited by Yoshi123; 08-06-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Yoshi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 225
Default

I traded in my Stasis A7 towards my RS7 and, despite the tune, got excellent trade-in value ($2,000 over the top trade-in price on Kelly Blue Book). Now, I have a long standing relationship with my dealer, and they did all of the Stasis installs and new the car well. They seemed to think that the tune wouldn't hurt the car's resale value.
__________________
2014 RS7: Daytona Grey Pearl, Alu-optic, 21" Wheels, Sport Exhaust, B&O, Innovation....
2005 Allroad: 2.7t, 6spd mt, premium, DVD Nav+, Stratos Blue full body paint, 18 x 8 1/2" OEM RS4 wheels w/ 245/45 Pirelli P-Zero Neros, APR ECU flash (93 octane), APR exhaust, AWE pedals
Gone but not forgotten - 2012 Stasis A7
60614allroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
 
amelen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North NJ
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi123 View Post
I was looking to tune my a7 with the giac software, they're coming with the plug and play switchable program remotes now... I'm just concerned about warranty issues, I've been reading up on how dealers now tag cars with td1 if your car has a tune on it? I'm wondering if with that giac remote if it leaves a trace of the software when you return it back to stock mode? I bought my a7 where in the past I've leased and didn't care about tuning the car. I had a s5 v8 with arp and I wasn't impressed at all, what opened my eyes was a s4 3.0t with stage 2 giac... Omg that car was a beast! Anyhow any input helps thanks.
Where did you hear about the plug and play switchable programs? That sounds very enticing. Is that something you could just order and use yourself or does it still require going to a GIAC shop?
amelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelen View Post
Where did you hear about the plug and play switchable programs? That sounds very enticing. Is that something you could just order and use yourself or does it still require going to a GIAC shop?
GIAC provides a handheld for switching programs that you rarely use unless when you put 100 octane gas
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi123 View Post
I was looking to tune my a7 with the giac software, they're coming with the plug and play switchable program remotes now... I'm just concerned about warranty issues, I've been reading up on how dealers now tag cars with td1 if your car has a tune on it? I'm wondering if with that giac remote if it leaves a trace of the software when you return it back to stock mode? I bought my a7 where in the past I've leased and didn't care about tuning the car. I had a s5 v8 with arp and I wasn't impressed at all, what opened my eyes was a s4 3.0t with stage 2 giac... Omg that car was a beast! Anyhow any input helps thanks.
Just tell your dealer to not connect the Audi computer and no td1
There are some updates that you cannot perform without connecting the computer so just do them when the warranty is about to expire.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New US 2016 S3 Glacier White Turguin Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 MKII 9 10-27-2015 12:22 AM
Audi Other 6 speed 2003 Audi RS6 alpinab7 Vehicles For Sale 2 10-07-2015 10:13 PM
Where is the ICM/POS on 2008 A8L 4.2? beachcomber A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion 8 09-30-2015 09:02 PM
Audi A6 2001 A6 2.7T 6MT Melange 70,891 ScottCNelson Vehicles For Sale 0 09-27-2015 02:41 PM
'16 SQ5, first week report! 800 miles... Bruce B Q5/SQ5 Discussion 5 09-25-2015 12:11 AM


Tags
060, 1m, 2005, 2013, a4, a4b8, a7, audi, b7, bmw, dealers, giac, s4, s5, stage, texas

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:58 AM.