A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Stage II tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stage II tune

Ok I said I was done with mods and then GIAC let me know they have the stage II pulley upgrade for my car, and I can get 35-40 more horsepower at the wheels, my car is already around 362whp and 335wft-lbs, that will put my car in a very respectable 400whp level (that is 500hp at the crank with 20% drivetrain loss)
Should I?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by feralc
Ok I said I was done with mods and then GIAC let me know they have the stage II pulley upgrade for my car, and I can get 35-40 more horsepower at the wheels, my car is already around 362whp and 335wft-lbs, that will put my car in a very respectable 400whp level (that is 500hp at the crank with 20% drivetrain loss)
Should I?
How much do you have invested already and what's the charge for Stage II?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
How much do you have invested already and what's the charge for Stage II?
Mods in my car (not including labor)
2600 or the AWE exhaust
450 for the eibach springs
250 for the Injen Inake
1700 for the stage 1
And for the stage 2 is another 1000, my car will have 6000 worth of equipment.
Not bad just wanted to have some input from the forum.

Last edited by feralc; 02-13-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by feralc
Mods in my car (with cost)
2300 or the AWE exhaust
700 for the eibach springs
250 for the Injen Inake
1500 for the stage 1 (I didn't pay for it though my car was the R&D car and GIAC installed it for free)
And for the stage 2 is another 700, my car will have 5500 worth of equipment.
Not bad just wanted to have some input from the forum.
So for approximately 25+% of the cost of an S7 you get to replicate all the performance and handling of it. Not a bad investment, imho. Go for it.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
So for approximately 25+% of the cost of an S7 you get to replicate all the performance and handling of it. Not a bad investment, imho. Go for it.
Yes and the car is way lighter, now to be fair to S7 owners the S7 was not available when I got my A7, I think the difference in price for an S7 (around 12k not 20k for a similar equipped model because the most basic S7 has more options than the basic A7) is worth it, because these 5.5k worth of equipment are not going to be recovered, in the S7 you do.
And I am not going to get hit trading in my car for an S7, that is a way bigger hit than the 5.5k I have "spent, so far.

Last edited by feralc; 07-19-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say do it. I'll be in line right behind you. Although I will most likely have Mike over at Wicked do the stage Ii. Since I'm over in the foothills area, GIAC recommended them as local and said they have the pulley tool.

BTW, if anyone is interested, the link below has a pretty decent HP calculator. Don't forget to click on the four wheel drive option.

http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php
Old 07-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have gone down a similar path...

2013 Audi A7 Prestige

GIAC Stage 1 (I paid for mine! lol)

Custom Exhaust built by a local guy, wasn't happy (Awful Droning) went back to stock...

3m Crystalline Ceramic Tint (All Windows, Clear in front)

H&R Springs

AWE Exhaust being built right now for me. Hopefully installed next week.

HRE wheels in the Fall

GIAC Stage II probably by the end of the year.

Ive enjoyed each and every upgrade thus far. Had I had to do it all over again, I probably would go the S7 Route. It wasn't readily available at the time. I was in a crunch, and I needed a car. Had to drive a couple hundred miles to get what I want, but I found it!

That being said though, I have no regrets! Best vehicle I have owned.

I say, go for it!

Johnny
Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jd_audi
I say do it. I'll be in line right behind you. Although I will most likely have Mike over at Wicked do the stage Ii. Since I'm over in the foothills area, GIAC recommended them as local and said they have the pulley tool.

BTW, if anyone is interested, the link below has a pretty decent HP calculator. Don't forget to click on the four wheel drive option.

http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php
I think that calculator is going too much for drivetrain loss, around 30% drivetrain loss for a four wheel drive automatic I don't think is accurate, I would love to think that and my car has way more power than it does but I think 20% drivetrain loss for a tiptronic Quattro is fair.
Besides it doesn't calculate in a linear way, if you put 100 hp and 200 hp the results are different.
Example 100 crank equals 69 at the wheel, 200 crank equals 148 (and it should be 138)
Old 07-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I say do it ! I just got my APR stage 2 back Friday and it rips !!
I will have Dyno results soon
Last night I lined up next to my friends stock 2012 cts-v and I have to say I was shocked !!
From a dig I jumped 1-2 cars on him up till 75-80 mph. I hit my brakes at 80 and he flew by me and I think after 80 he would've walked me but needless to say I was really surprised and so was he...
I heard his tires break loose a little when we launched which helped me for sure ....

I think Monday he will order a pulley and a tune upgrade for his car lol

I also own a newer cts-v with tons of mods 680 rwhp and it runs 10.50's in the 1/4 on Mickey thompson's But on street tires its hard to hook

This car is so quiet it's deceptive

Keep you guys posted
Old 07-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sjerseys4
I say do it ! I just got my APR stage 2 back Friday and it rips !!
I will have Dyno results soon
Last night I lined up next to my friends stock 2012 cts-v and I have to say I was shocked !!
From a dig I jumped 1-2 cars on him up till 75-80 mph. I hit my brakes at 80 and he flew by me and I think after 80 he would've walked me but needless to say I was really surprised and so was he...
I heard his tires break loose a little when we launched which helped me for sure ....

I think Monday he will order a pulley and a tune upgrade for his car lol

I also own a newer cts-v with tons of mods 680 rwhp and it runs 10.50's in the 1/4 on Mickey thompson's But on street tires its hard to hook

This car is so quiet it's deceptive

Keep you guys posted
look like you are not to keep your car for awhile . engine will fall by part very soon.

Quick Reply: Stage II tune