A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 audi a8 parking brake warning light

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Gentry
I have the same problem and code. I just ordered a new Rear parking brake motor. Currently I've removed the two 30 amp fuses to stop the siren and Parking brake flashing light. The flashing brake lite still is annoying.
Yeah I replaced my left rear one in the winter time, but I don't know if we have to reprogram them for the light to go off or not?
Old 05-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
Did you do a function test and longitudinal acceleration sensor test? I can only find instructions for the A6, but it should apply to the A8. If you didn't complete the proper procedure, even replacing a faulty part will still leave the warning codes. Did you clear all codes through VCDS or have you been using OBDII?
Hi, I just got my vag com, can you help me do the tests? I replaced the left rear motor in December, do I have to program it by chance?
Old 05-21-2016, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Khachatur Kocharyan
Hi, I just got my vag com, can you help me do the tests? I replaced the left rear motor in December, do I have to program it by chance?
Download the software to your computer from Rosstech's site. Once you have done that, perform the procedure for Function Test and Longitudinal Acceleration sensor on the bottom part of this page. It may be helpful to browse Rosstech's site for manuals and their FAQ, to help familiarize yourself with the basic operation of the software.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I already have it downloaded. Just fixed my airbag light already. This things great. Now where do I go to do an active test? I didn't see anything on the bottom of the page...?
Old 05-21-2016, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Khachatur Kocharyan
I already have it downloaded. Just fixed my airbag light already. This things great. Now where do I go to do an active test? I didn't see anything on the bottom of the page...?
Perform the procedure listed as 3.5 and 3.6 in the table of contents on the page. You took me too literally when I said bottom, I just meant scroll down a bit.

Clear the codes in the module, and start the car. See if that fixes your light.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
Perform the procedure listed as 3.5 and 3.6 in the table of contents on the page. You took me too literally when I said bottom, I just meant scroll down a bit.

Clear the codes in the module, and start the car. See if that fixes your light.
Haha I tired that but the code didn't clear. I'll post the code on here later today.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You performed both procedures before clearing and it came back? I've got nothing else for you, beyond maybe checking the electrical connections and make sure they are clean, without sign of corrosion.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

yes, i have a mechanic friend who removed the codes.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Where did you get the parking brake motor from?
Old 05-23-2016, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Terry Gentry
yes, i have a mechanic friend who removed the codes.
So, you didn't do the procedures listed before trying to clear the codes? You can't just clear them, those procedures need to be done before the codes can be cleared. If the light persists after performing both and trying to clear the codes, it's possible something is wrong with the motor you bought.

Quick Reply: 04 audi a8 parking brake warning light