A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carista: VAG-specific diagnostics and coding through a smartphone app

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Albatrossboss
Thanks for the info, very interesting to see how things develop. In regards to the HVAC not appearing, some links to threads with others having issues are attached. the main issue seems to be that when the MMI is updated to a newer version, certain aspects that once displayed on screen, no longer display. Some have said that these can be displayed with VCDS.

The service interval reset would be great and totally worth the money in itself. How often do you see software updates happen? Or how often do you plan to update the software functionality?

climate control not shown on the mmi | Audi Forum

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...stion-2781998/
I'll look into those, thanks. So far we've done updates for the Android app every few months, and we plan to make them more frequent.

Originally Posted by chokboywonda
Is there an app for windows phone???
No, sorry, Windows Phone's market share remains low (2.8% of smartphones last quarter), so at this time it's not worth it for us to develop it for that platform.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

You would sell a ton of these if it can open the rear parking brake to change pads. I am going to give this a try just ordered the BT module.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Petahs
You would sell a ton of these if it can open the rear parking brake to change pads. I am going to give this a try just ordered the BT module.

Thanks!
Yup, that's in the plans In fact, it's coming up very soon.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in it for the seat belt chime delete....I shall wait for this
Old 07-08-2015, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Just came across this thread. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth $20?
Old 07-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just bought the Carista OBD Adapter from Amazon. I think it was $35 +/- with free shipping. Will update post when unit arrives.

Best Regards,

Michael
Old 07-08-2015, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the elm Bluetooth dongle I use for torque in my 71 Monte Carlo with ls 6.0. I'll definitely be taking that out to download this app and test it. Looks cool and useable, so I'll give it a try. Be back with an update tomorrow ✌
Old 07-08-2015, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a dongle as well. Didn't have time to try it out tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Looks like it works

I haven't paid the $20 yet, but I will and test it in its entirety tomorrow. Preliminary tests does show it works and looks very useable. One question I do have, as I was running a fault scan, it set off a suspension and abs fault about halfway through the process. The lights went away within a few seconds but I found that to be weird. Full test results coming soon, as I usually get the abs/esp fault anyway after a while of driving so I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it with this app and clear it.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 05audiman
I haven't paid the $20 yet, but I will and test it in its entirety tomorrow. Preliminary tests does show it works and looks very useable. One question I do have, as I was running a fault scan, it set off a suspension and abs fault about halfway through the process. The lights went away within a few seconds but I found that to be weird. Full test results coming soon, as I usually get the abs/esp fault anyway after a while of driving so I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it with this app and clear it.
Yup, those lights are normal during scanning, as the app puts each ECU in "diagnostic mode". We're looking forward to your feedback

Quick Reply: Carista: VAG-specific diagnostics and coding through a smartphone app