A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carista: VAG-specific diagnostics and coding through a smartphone app

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Yup, those lights are normal during scanning, as the app puts each ECU in "diagnostic mode". We're looking forward to your feedback
I'm looking forward to this app. 👌
Old 07-09-2015, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What country is Carista based in?
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi, apologies if this is a repeat question.

Will the app allow me to silence the seat belt chime?

Thanks.

Michael
Old 07-09-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mwalshe2000
Hi, apologies if this is a repeat question.

Thanks.

Michael
I saw this option on there with a lot of other stuff I wasn't willing to read. It may do that, depends on year of vehicle. I'm giving it a try the moment I get off.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just purchased the Carista branded Bluetooth dongle from Amazon (gotta love Free Same day shipping) Once I receive it and purchase the Pro version, I will see what it can do and report back. I'm really hoping it can turn off the annoying seat belt chime and reset the service interval reminder.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GradecEngineering
What country is Carista based in?
USA and Bulgaria. Our adapter is available in the US via Amazon and will very soon be available in all of the European Union countries through the European subsidiaries of Amazon.

Originally Posted by mwalshe2000
Yes!

Originally Posted by Albatrossboss
Just purchased the Carista branded Bluetooth dongle from Amazon (gotta love Free Same day shipping) Once I receive it and purchase the Pro version, I will see what it can do and report back. I'm really hoping it can turn off the annoying seat belt chime and reset the service interval reminder.
Thanks for your purchase, we're looking forward to your feedback
Old 07-10-2015, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

This sounds like a great idea!

I'm considering it, even if I do have a VCDS Hex-Net.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got rid of that pesky seatbelt chime. I was unable to get rid of the abs fault I keep getting but it may be the module or a wheel speed sensor. I'm getting both faults but it does say front left wheel speed sensor is bad. Enables things without vag, I will test more but so far 👍
Old 07-14-2015, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was able to mess around with the car this weekend and the Carista app. Never having owned an OBD-II scanner of any kind, I can say that the interface was easy to use but I did run in to some problems while using the Pro app with the Carista branded bluetooth scanner/dongle.

Background Info:
2005 Audi A8L
Carista OBD-II Adapter -
Amazon.com: Carista OBD Adapter for iPhone/iPad and Android: Automotive Amazon.com: Carista OBD Adapter for iPhone/iPad and Android: Automotive

Purchased the Carista Pro App

1. After checking for faults and receiving the list of them in the app, there is an option at the bottom to perform a detailed scan. I could not get this feature to work for me, it would complete the scan but immediately after, the screen would show the gray background and the app would crash. Happened multiple times. I used the in-app form to email customer service, but have not heard back from them yet.

2. I tried coding for the windows up/down using the remote and even though the app displayed it as being enabled, the functions did not work. IF I am doing something wrong, or there is another step I'm missing, let me know. This could definitely be user error.

3. I was able to disable the seat belt chime entirely. In my opinion, if that's all you are looking for, the product is certainly worth the price.

4. I think the app could be laid out in a better way. For instance, BEFORE starting a scan, have a pop up that says "Please make sure engine is off and car is turned to the "ON" position." etc. rather than during a scan.

5. The fault scan was pretty good with the manufacturer specific codes. I was able to find most of them looking through the Ross-Tech Wiki and google searches. The app did miss some known faults that I know to be there, like the front driver and front passenger soft-close function not working.

6. Overall, I'm about 85% happy with the purchase. It wasn't a large expense, and for the money, I did get a lot of information out of the car. I did clear the codes, and am waiting to drive far enough to get those "ready" codes for the engine ECU & Emissions to see what pops up again.

Hopefully this helps some that may be on the fence about purchasing the app.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Albatrossboss
I was able to mess around with the car this weekend and the Carista app. Never having owned an OBD-II scanner of any kind, I can say that the interface was easy to use but I did run in to some problems while using the Pro app with the Carista branded bluetooth scanner/dongle.

Background Info:
2005 Audi A8L
Carista OBD-II Adapter - Amazon.com: Carista OBD Adapter for iPhone/iPad and Android: Automotive

Purchased the Carista Pro App

1. After checking for faults and receiving the list of them in the app, there is an option at the bottom to perform a detailed scan. I could not get this feature to work for me, it would complete the scan but immediately after, the screen would show the gray background and the app would crash. Happened multiple times. I used the in-app form to email customer service, but have not heard back from them yet.

2. I tried coding for the windows up/down using the remote and even though the app displayed it as being enabled, the functions did not work. IF I am doing something wrong, or there is another step I'm missing, let me know. This could definitely be user error.

3. I was able to disable the seat belt chime entirely. In my opinion, if that's all you are looking for, the product is certainly worth the price.

4. I think the app could be laid out in a better way. For instance, BEFORE starting a scan, have a pop up that says "Please make sure engine is off and car is turned to the "ON" position." etc. rather than during a scan.

5. The fault scan was pretty good with the manufacturer specific codes. I was able to find most of them looking through the Ross-Tech Wiki and google searches. The app did miss some known faults that I know to be there, like the front driver and front passenger soft-close function not working.

6. Overall, I'm about 85% happy with the purchase. It wasn't a large expense, and for the money, I did get a lot of information out of the car. I did clear the codes, and am waiting to drive far enough to get those "ready" codes for the engine ECU & Emissions to see what pops up again.

Hopefully this helps some that may be on the fence about purchasing the app.

Plus 1 on the window feature, and I tried for quite some time. This would be great to get that to work.

Quick Reply: Carista: VAG-specific diagnostics and coding through a smartphone app