A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP/ABS & Parking brake malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yuvalw123
have same abs problems like you. its a nightmare. did the rebuilt off the ABS but was no good. got a used one from eBay for 210$, was no good. got my refund. got second abs from eBay and this time its working. (after coding the unit, took 4 hours, not easy)
then found some wires are no good.( insulation no good). my mechanic drove the car today and all was perfect, till 2 hours later the abs light comes on, but then goes away. we think more wires are no good. still working on it. will info you. good luck
I sent my original module out for a rebuild a few days ago, I'm hoping thats all I need. I bought one off ebay months ago but had difficulty trying to code the thing so I might try selling it. The issue is definitely a headache.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I just joined the club. Was driving, the Abs and Parking Break errors came up. Pulled the car to the side and restarted it, errors went away and smooth sailing; however this has happened at least 7-8 times in the past two months and each time restarting the vehicle seems to get rid of the annoying errors. I haven't hooked up a VCDS, will probably do that tomorrow, hopefully its just the Abs module that needs a reset and that's all.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RangeK1D
I think I just joined the club. Was driving, the Abs and Parking Break errors came up. Pulled the car to the side and restarted it, errors went away and smooth sailing; however this has happened at least 7-8 times in the past two months and each time restarting the vehicle seems to get rid of the annoying errors. I haven't hooked up a VCDS, will probably do that tomorrow, hopefully its just the Abs module that needs a reset and that's all.
When my dash errors began they would pop up once in a while also, then they started appearing daily.

I just received my abs module back from 'cheap abs' and they said it was not a repairable type. Apparently they deal with Bosch, Wabco and a few other but not the siemens module from my car.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a_alyte
When my dash errors began they would pop up once in a while also, then they started appearing daily.

I just received my abs module back from 'cheap abs' and they said it was not a repairable type. Apparently they deal with Bosch, Wabco and a few other but not the siemens module from my car.
I'm confused, your module wasn't a Bosch? Possibly a replacement?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 05audiman
I'm confused, your module wasn't a Bosch? Possibly a replacement?
The module I removed from under my battery doesn't say Bosch anywhere on it. It does have the VW & Audi logo on it. I guess it could be some type of replacement. Having trouble uploading the picture.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, maybe. My car is an 05 a8L, I'll take a look and see what kind mine is. I have yet to remove it and send it in as mine is defective also. I just deal with it.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is there a second module on the 2007 model? At cheap abs and module repair pro the abs modules are located in the engine bay and look completely different from the one located under my battery in the trunk. I think I sent in the wrong part.

Last edited by a_alyte; 09-03-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by a_alyte
Is there a second module on the 2007 model? At cheap abs and module repair pro the abs modules are located in the engine bay and look completely different from the one located under my battery in the trunk. I think I sent in the wrong part.
😂
Old 09-03-2015, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, if you got it from the trunk you sent in the wrong part to cheapabs. What you're looking for is under the hood and quite easy to get to. It is connected to the master cylinder, has the harness coming from it.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 05audiman
Yeah, if you got it from the trunk you sent in the wrong part to cheapabs. What you're looking for is under the hood and quite easy to get to. It is connected to the master cylinder, has the harness coming from it.
Thats what I get for moving hastily, I was dealing with the parking brake module, duh! Can the car can still be driven if the abs module is removed?

Quick Reply: ESP/ABS & Parking brake malfunction