A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro front plate bracket--grey vs black?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Petah Shillingford
I got the part from OEMPlus last year on the invoice the following is listed.

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Front Plate - European Holder (4E0807285AA1QP) = $145.00
Color 1QP - Grey
PDC (Park Sensors) Yes

I'm still debating as my state is one of those states that require a front plate. Although I have been getting plenty speeding tickets I have yet to receive one for the front plate missing.
Thanks Petah--MA requires a front plate unless you have an old school "green" plate, which I do not. However, there are enough cars with one plate on the road that I don't worry too much about it. My friend who is a cop said he would never pull me over for it, but if he noticed it after pulling me over would write a ticket for it. My excuse on my VW would be that I bought it in the south so it didn't have the plate. I could make up a similar one getting pulled over in the S8 so I'm not concerned about it and would keep my front plate in the car so that I could prove that I have it if need be.

If you want to sell it to me, I'll take it

Chris--Thanks for the heads up; I saw that the other day when I was navigating through, and then that screen navigated me somewhere else which navigated me somewhere else...I think that is how I ended up in Russia
Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry I meant to take some pictures and post it. I'm still on the fence because I like the look of the Euro plates!

I'll let you know for sure by Monday!

Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman
Thanks Petah--MA requires a front plate unless you have an old school "green" plate, which I do not. However, there are enough cars with one plate on the road that I don't worry too much about it. My friend who is a cop said he would never pull me over for it, but if he noticed it after pulling me over would write a ticket for it. My excuse on my VW would be that I bought it in the south so it didn't have the plate. I could make up a similar one getting pulled over in the S8 so I'm not concerned about it and would keep my front plate in the car so that I could prove that I have it if need be.

If you want to sell it to me, I'll take it

Chris--Thanks for the heads up; I saw that the other day when I was navigating through, and then that screen navigated me somewhere else which navigated me somewhere else...I think that is how I ended up in Russia
Old 01-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being in the same shoes that you are I have been battling myself on whether to do the plate delete filter (w/ sensors). My antiques I only run one plate even though I'm required to have two. The cops are to busy staring at the chrome and rarity they have never bothered me for not having s front plate. When I had the bmw it didn't have a plate mount they never nabbed me then either. I think if your driving a nice car and not driving like an idiot it goes unchecked.
If you did a euro plate filler, can you attach any old euro plate?
Old 01-23-2015, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I run the plate delete part. Have not had any issues with law enforcement. Just keep the old filler panel just in case, and claim that the car came that way and you didn't think drilling holes into a $100K car was wise.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here's the pic of the frame.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

That looks like the one I need Petah--how hard is it to install/deinstall?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

4 phillips head screws in the lower section as shown, 2 more screws behind the US spec plate. Lift/swing up from bottom like a hinge, pop out and replace. Not even a 5 minute job!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1Wasserwerks
4 phillips head screws in the lower section as shown, 2 more screws behind the US spec plate. Lift/swing up from bottom like a hinge, pop out and replace. Not even a 5 minute job!
Thanks! This is great news
Old 02-12-2015, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

FYI, wanted to let everybody know that 4E0807285AB1RR is THE CORRECT part number for the grey park assist euro front plate holder. Just got it today from KFZ Teile Profis - Ersatzteile, Autoteile, Originalteile für alle Automarken pricey at 129 Euro shipped, but it is what I was looking for.

Wanted to update in case anyone searched later on and was looking for it.

Pics once snowpocalypse is over and I can actually get on my hands and knees to put it on without being swallowed by snow.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Thanks for the update.

Quick Reply: Euro front plate bracket--grey vs black?