A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many seconds does it take your car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default how many seconds does it take your car...

to go from 'dynamic' height to 'comfort' height and turn out the green symbol that indicates being in 'dynamic' mode ?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awdinut,

Are you saying that the green symbol is on and remains lit if you are in dynamic mode, both of my A8L's do not do that, my 04 as pictured did that when I drove her up from South Miami back in 2011 when the compressor was bad, it was down low and a harsh ride, after the replacement of the compressor it only lit the green symbol momentarily as the vehicle lowers and then goes out, also the ride was dramatically improved after compressor replacement, my 05 A8L W12 does the same as far as green symbol only briefly, and I mean only the seconds while its lowering.

But to your question, and this is by watching the white up down arrows on the MMI screen

1) From Dynamic to Automatic 28 seconds

2) From Dynamic to Comfort 31 seconds

3) From Dynamic to Lift 55 seconds

4) From Lift to Dynamic 38 seconds

Again the "Green Symbol" is only on while the vehicle is lowering, and then it is out.

Johnny J J

Originally Posted by awdinut
to go from 'dynamic' height to 'comfort' height and turn out the green symbol that indicates being in 'dynamic' mode ?
Attached Images  

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 03-03-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen that symbol, but I don't recall it ever coming on in my car hmm
Old 03-03-2015, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

My 04 the green light comes on when in dynamic mode, and also when it auto drops above 75mph.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default thanks for the info...

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
Awdinut,

Are you saying that the green symbol is on and remains lit if you are in dynamic mode, both of my A8L's do not do that, my 04 as pictured did that when I drove her up from South Miami back in 2011 when the compressor was bad, it was down low and a harsh ride, after the replacement of the compressor it only lit the green symbol momentarily as the vehicle lowers and then goes out, also the ride was dramatically improved after compressor replacement, my 05 A8L W12 does the same as far as green symbol only briefly, and I mean only the seconds while its lowering.

But to your question, and this is by watching the white up down arrows on the MMI screen

1) From Dynamic to Automatic 28 seconds

2) From Dynamic to Comfort 31 seconds

3) From Dynamic to Lift 55 seconds

4) From Lift to Dynamic 38 seconds

Again the "Green Symbol" is only on while the vehicle is lowering, and then it is out.

Johnny J J

At 50F my car takes 38 sec from 'Dynamic' to 'Comfort' and I wanted to know if that was about normal. If I remember physics correctly, the compression of air is affected by the temperature of the air being compressed; so I guess the time may vary by the ambient temp. But my thought is that the length time for that Dynamic/Comfort cycle can be used as a benchmark with which to guage the condition of the system periodically.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

30-40 seconds between modes for me either way. Unscientific figures. Using my calibrated eyeballs and built-in timer.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For me, The green indicator doesn't come on even though the Car does lower or raise. Sometimes the white arrow on the mmi doesn't come on, does speed have something to do with it?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The green car symbol with the arrow pointing down is on...

Originally Posted by Fez2013
For me, The green indicator doesn't come on even though the Car does lower or raise. Sometimes the white arrow on the mmi doesn't come on, does speed have something to do with it?
in my '04 anytime the car is in the lowest ('Dynamic' setting in my car) position. I dont know exactly why Audi included that indicator in the system, but I find it useful in that it reminds me that I am low and therefore to be mindful of my speed and approach angle on steep inclines.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fez2013
Same here for my S8. I have never seen any indicator light come on for the raising and lowering
Old 03-07-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

in my '04 anytime the car is in the lowest ('Dynamic' setting in my car) position. I dont know exactly why Audi included that indicator in the system, but I find it useful in that it reminds me that I am low and therefore to be mindful of my speed and approach angle on steep inclines.
You answered your own question, buddy! I think I read it in the manual or an SSP.

Took my son to Audi Nashville last night; completely ignored by the hipster salesmen.
~43 F outside and 72 inside, which is where we were; this guy has a heavy wool peacoat buttoned up except one top button (so his new "old" scarf could show), and a thick wool beanie. I said "aren't you hot?" - he answers, "no, I'm kinda cool, actually". I note his face carefully to avoid buying a car from him... as we drive off, through the huge windows we see him, hatless, taking his coat off.
(Awdinut and I spent some time at that dealer in case you're wondering why I post this story here=) )

Quick Reply: how many seconds does it take your car...