A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning flags on OEMPlus, KufatecUSA and Eurohitches.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 585 Likes on 490 Posts
Default Warning flags on OEMPlus, KufatecUSA and Eurohitches.com

Not good; feels to me like companies are in trouble. Per the posts and the pics, OEMPlus and KufatecUSA are interrelated, and in turn Eurohitches.com since per their own website they are "a division of OEMPlus." Kufatec over in Germany that is reasonably well known for electronic technical components is apparently separate from this; the USA one just being some kind of reseller or distributor.

See this brief blurb on one AW board: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-them-2878273/

There is a long thread on another board with a lot of detail, facts, history, etc. Reads like it has really come to a boil in recent weeks, and that site was also moving to cut them off. OEMplus ...DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! I stumbled on it almost by accident since I mostly look only at AZ's Q5 site. They have a single board for all A8 generations and it gets little activity. If you wade through the post to the third and fourth page of the thread in recent weeks, there is a pretty clear and disturbing crescendo in my opinion. Many times when I read posts like the ones I link it may have a sour grapes or he-said-she-said kind of feel. This seemed much deeper, especially when you see the shuttered business location pics. In particular the AZ post reads like far more than one disgruntled customer on a board crusade, unless all the weight of additional replies are some over the top troll stuff, especially once the board admin confirm in the middle of the pages of thread they were moving to cut off sponsorship status.

As I recall, my D3 Westfalia hitch came via EuroHitches. Was the only game in town as it were at the time. Consonant with the detailed thread theme, their customer service was lousy and things too way too long; I've noted that in some other posts over the years. Sounds like it has way devolved from that.

Be careful out there!

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 01-31-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default I don't know why people spent thousands of dollars through

these holes in the wall establishments and have to worry about it. Autoparts business is a tough business, the profit margin is very low, especially with aftermarket stuff, they don't sell enough to make money.

Thanks for sharing,

Louis
Old 02-01-2015, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eurohitches had a HUUUGE markup - I ordered mine direct from the UK, price shipped was about 50% what eurohitches wanted.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 585 Likes on 490 Posts

Yes, things like web & Ebay Euro sites changed the dynamic a lot of late
Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read through that whole thread. Yowza--thanks for the heads up. The fact that a company like that could still be accepting orders and taking peoples' money is nuts. Reminds me of watching the show "American Greed" and what the ponzi schemers do to people.