A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 TDI 2015 Order- Dealer version

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Yeah, he estimated the build date based on his anticipated upcoming build allocations. He might be pretty accurate on his estimate...or not.
I asked him again. Now he says that that order is in factory order bank there is no production week assinged yet. Im not sure how it works.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by faithkeep
I asked him again. Now he says that that order is in factory order bank there is no production week assinged yet. Im not sure how it works.
Ask him to e-mail you a copy of the build order. It should have your commission number on the first page and will state that it is in the factory order bank or in the IS order bank (AoA order bank waiting to be released to factory). There it will also give you any detail regarding an expected production week.

The second page should have your name shown on it identifying you as the customer the vehicle is being sold to, and it should also say it's a "sold customer order."

Last edited by derfA8L; 09-03-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ask him to e-mail you a copy of the build order. It should have your commission number on the first page and will state that it is in the factory order bank or in the IS order bank (AoA order bank waiting to be released to factory). There it will also give you any detail regarding an expected production week.

The second page should have your name shown on it identifying you as the customer the vehicle is being sold to, and it should also say it's a "sold customer order."
Ok. Thanks
Old 09-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Only when the VBO is assigned to an allocated vehicle, released to the factory and entered into the factory order bank. If there are no current A8 TDI allocations available, your dealer waits for an upcoming allocation to be assigned to him and the order is entered into your specific country's order bank (IS Order Bank here in U.S. For Audi of America) and it sits there until it can be attached to an available allocated car. Once that assignment is made, it then gets released to the factory in Germany and an expected production week is assigned to it.

It sounds like your dealer has no current production slots available and expects to receive his November/December build allocations next week; I know October slots are already filled with orders taken in July through mid-August.
I asked her to give me 'build oder sheet' but she is refusing to give anything. per her it is not available now and will only become available once the car is shipped. She is also not giving me the order status update. I orderd 3 weeks ago (US). you think it is possible to not have a ''build order sheet' if was ordered 3 weeks ago?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I asked her to give me 'build oder sheet' but she is refusing to give anything. per her it is not available now and will only become available once the car is shipped. She is also not giving me the order status update. I orderd 3 weeks ago (US). you think it is possible to not have a ''build order sheet' if was ordered 3 weeks ago?
She is either clueless, or she's attempting to hide something. A vehicle build order status sheet can be printed and provided to you at any point in the car's pre/post production cycle. She could have given you a copy of it when you ordered your car and the order was input into the system---I was when I placed my order in July, just as it has always been provided to me. In fact, my salesperson e-mailed me the revised VO when the car's scheduled production week changed. Trust me, you WANT a copy of the build order to make sure that your ordered specs match what was entered into the system.

If it were me, I'd go over her head and speak to her manager to get a copy. If the manager refuses, then I'd cancel the order and take my business to another dealer---I just wouldn't trust them. I've heard of a few cases where customer "sold ordered" cars were ordered wrong by the dealer (usually omitting an option or two) and the customers either had to wait for another car, or grudgingly take a lesser-spec'd car. I'd really be concerned that she tagged a car for you whose specs are already "locked" and doesn't fully match your order specs. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by derfA8L; 09-09-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

She is either clueless, or she's attempting to hide something. A vehicle build order status sheet can be printed and provided to you at any point in the car's pre/post production cycle. She could have given you a copy of it when you ordered your car and the order was input into the system---I was when I placed my order in July, just as it has always been provided to me. In fact, my salesperson e-mailed me the revised VO when the car's scheduled production week changed. Trust me, you WANT a copy of the build order to make sure that your ordered specs match what was entered into the system.

If it were me, I'd go over her head and speak to her manager to get a copy. If the manager refuses, then I'd cancel the order and take my business to another dealer---I just wouldn't trust them. I've heard of a few cases where customer "sold ordered" cars were ordered wrong by the dealer (usually omitting an option or two) and the customers either had to wait for another car, or grudgingly take a lesser-spec'd car. I'd really be concerned that she tagged a car for you whose specs are already "locked" and doesn't fully match your order specs. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks. I am able to get the order build sheet now. Order date is 8/15/14. Release to manufacture date is 8/18/14. Production week is 10/6/2014. Can you compare it with your order regarding delivery date?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks. I am able to get the order build sheet now. Order date is 8/15/14. Release to manufacture date is 8/18/14. Production week is 10/6/2014. Can you compare it with your order regarding delivery date?
My car is scheduled for production week of 10/20 and to clear U.S. customs on Dec. 1st (according to Audi of America), with dealer delivery expected by Dec 5th. Your car is slated to be assembled 2 weeks before mine, but that doesn't mean it will be shipped from Germany 2 weeks earlier---it depends on scheduling (and filling up) of transport ships. You should certainly have your car by 1st week of December, if not a bit sooner.

BTW, what changed that they decided to relent and give you a copy of the VO?
Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car is scheduled for production week of 10/20 and to clear U.S. customs on Dec. 1st (according to Audi of America), with dealer delivery expected by Dec 5th. Your car is slated to be assembled 2 weeks before mine, but that doesn't mean it will be shipped from Germany 2 weeks earlier---it depends on scheduling (and filling up) of transport ships. You should certainly have your car by 1st week of December, if not a bit sooner.

BTW, what changed that they decided to relent and give you a copy of the VO?
Thanks. I contacted their manager. He also tried to dodge me like there is no information, build oder sheet does not exist. Then he mentioend that it will not show anything etc. I told him that it is not true and I ordered audi cars in the past and had a copy of my older audi build sheet. I told him that they need to print it now for me. then he agreed and email me. I am still thinking what they did this. May be they do not know the system or just did the trick for some unknown reasons! I have all the information on it now like owner name etc.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks. I contacted their manager. He also tried to dodge me like there is no information, build oder sheet does not exist. Then he mentioend that it will not show anything etc. I told him that it is not true and I ordered audi cars in the past and had a copy of my older audi build sheet. I told him that they need to print it now for me. then he agreed and email me. I am still thinking what they did this. May be they do not know the system or just did the trick for some unknown reasons! I have all the information on it now like owner name etc.
Great! Just make sure the option packages, etc. are correct.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great! Just make sure the option packages, etc. are correct.
Yes, evertyhing looks good. how often they update the system? is it random or every Monday. I am thinking it will be released for production soon.

Quick Reply: A8 TDI 2015 Order- Dealer version