A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Dust...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garycw
My brakes & rotors where replaced by PO. However I hate dirty wheels. Just ordered the REJEX and will report back of any improvement.
I can always tell when riding with someone whether they pay for or do there own brake work.
I can tell that by the way they accelerate up to stop signs, stop hard on fresh yellow lights, pay no attention to stale green lights, especially when you see in the distance walk / don't walk signals changing.
I'm as easy on the brakes as I can, within reason or emergency situations. Besides the excessive brake dust, there's a big bill coming once there components are unnessarly .worn out.
PO just had rotors, calipers and pads replaced before I purchased. $1800.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got some of the REJEX. Goes on & off easy. Remains to be seen how much it helps. I got the detail kit, plus one extra bottle of REJEX. It's done slippery stuff. After it cures I'll use some REJEX Finish over it that came in the kit bit does give it a wet look
Old 07-20-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

The initial super-slick surface from REJEX quickly disappears.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear that. If so I may have wasted $100. I did also get the car wash, cleaner and finish goop. Maybe if I use the finish product over the REJEX it will last longer. I'll use it on one of the front wheels and compare.
Has anyone here ever tried the nano ceramic wax? Suppose to be a one year treatment.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

I've used a nano ceramic coating (not wax) on my wheels. The below product is good for 3-months IIRC. Haven't reapplied it, so there is brake dust buildup, but it comes off with just a dry wipedown, which I do weekly. Sorry for the upside down pic...damn iPad.
Attached Thumbnails Brake Dust...-image.jpeg  
Old 07-21-2016, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can't read what the product is? I assume it's good got painted surfaces as well
Old 07-21-2016, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I have Opti-Coat Pro Plus on my entire car including wheels. In addition to the ceramic coating's high gloss and paint protection, it sheds dirt and most importantly, keeps the brake dust down on the wheels. They washe off easily or I wipe them down with a California Duster. Like the paint, the Opti-Coat application on the wheels will last many years without wearing off.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

So far so good with the REJEX. I was hoping that it would at least spray off easier. So far after 300 miles, doesn't even appear to be sticking much at all. I'll do a closer inspection this weekend, but front rims still look good. And I'm very picky about brake dust on wheels
Old 07-28-2016, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Garycw
I can't read what the product is? I assume it's good got painted surfaces as well

Gary, that's Detailer's Pride ("permanent") Wheel Coating. It's one of Autogeek's many house labels. It has many competitors today.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting ! Someone commented that it came off quickly. I'll give it a honest evaluation and so far it's doing what it claims. It's still too early to know the durability though. I used it on painted surfaces as well. Came through a rain storm and car still looks pretty good. I'll be Able to tell this weekend how well it's working