A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Loaners for A8 Customers

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always get a A7. Love driving it.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The best loaner I have ever been allowed to use has been a new A6. Usually it's a 4 or 5 year old A6 or A4. I have an RS6, and when that was in for service for multiple attempts at DRC repair they loaned me a 5 year old A6 which was an ashtray car. I had to clean the friggen thing every time I dropped off my RS6. Do I feel Privileged to get a Free Loaner? NO. THE RS6 was supposed to have an A8 only loaner program. Look at the early press releases on that car in 2003. NEVER once!

With the A8L, I don't care anymore. I got a loaner over night for my first service which had been rescheduled. I had my first service in Ithica, made appointment, went in and they did not have an oil filter in stock for the PLANNED SERVICE even after I specifically asked the "Service Advisor" (AKA GOD DAM LOOSER) to make sure they had the parts.

Went in for service last month (to redo the screwed up alignment) and they talked me into also doing the 35k service when I SCHEDULED THE re-ALIGNMENT. Again I asked what needs to be done and told them to be sure they have the parts. I got there, they did part of the service (oil change and filter) and re-did the alignment, but they did not have the Spark Plugs and some other parts needed for THE SCHEDULE SERVICE. They wanted to keep the car and offered to even BRING THE CAR back to me (1 hour away) but no way. They brought the car out, did not wash it, no big deal, but the lubricant for the hinges was sprayed all over the door frame and on the Interior! WTF.

So I don't give a **** about the LOANER anymore. Audi has grown and that's great, and the car is great off the boat from Germany, but the service centers are poor. Perhaps an Audi-Only Dealership is a better place to go, but those are few and far between.

I have an appointment for them to finished the service, but I'm not going to have it done. The next driver of this leased car can deal with it. So much for the extra Audi Care coverage I have on the car. (they were about to actually charge me for the scheduled maintenance until I forced them to double check my service plain)

Mike
Old 01-02-2015, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr.Aronis
The best loaner I have ever been allowed to use has been a new A6. Usually it's a 4 or 5 year old A6 or A4. I have an RS6, and when that was in for service for multiple attempts at DRC repair they loaned me a 5 year old A6 which was an ashtray car. I had to clean the friggen thing every time I dropped off my RS6. Do I feel Privileged to get a Free Loaner? NO. THE RS6 was supposed to have an A8 only loaner program. Look at the early press releases on that car in 2003. NEVER once!

With the A8L, I don't care anymore. I got a loaner over night for my first service which had been rescheduled. I had my first service in Ithica, made appointment, went in and they did not have an oil filter in stock for the PLANNED SERVICE even after I specifically asked the "Service Advisor" (AKA GOD DAM LOOSER) to make sure they had the parts.

Went in for service last month (to redo the screwed up alignment) and they talked me into also doing the 35k service when I SCHEDULED THE re-ALIGNMENT. Again I asked what needs to be done and told them to be sure they have the parts. I got there, they did part of the service (oil change and filter) and re-did the alignment, but they did not have the Spark Plugs and some other parts needed for THE SCHEDULE SERVICE. They wanted to keep the car and offered to even BRING THE CAR back to me (1 hour away) but no way. They brought the car out, did not wash it, no big deal, but the lubricant for the hinges was sprayed all over the door frame and on the Interior! WTF.

So I don't give a **** about the LOANER anymore. Audi has grown and that's great, and the car is great off the boat from Germany, but the service centers are poor. Perhaps an Audi-Only Dealership is a better place to go, but those are few and far between.

I have an appointment for them to finished the service, but I'm not going to have it done. The next driver of this leased car can deal with it. So much for the extra Audi Care coverage I have on the car. (they were about to actually charge me for the scheduled maintenance until I forced them to double check my service plain)

Mike
Soory to hear about your issues. Do you complete the survey that should be sent out after each service? Audi needs to step up their game with these service centers. I never have gotten an A8 when I placed mine into the shop. Usually an A6 or A4.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow Mike, that's the worst I've heard yet.

Have family up there and am always on the look out for Audi dealerships 'just in case', but will make a point of avoiding the one in Ithaca !

I would let AoA know about what they are doing.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I let AOA know. My experience with AOA is that it's a waste of breath. I got the run around for 6 months on the DRC thing, I practically had to prove to AOA that there was a design flaw.

Audi wants to surpass BMW and they are well on there way (helped by BMW and their ugly cars), but the kind of service one used to get when your bought a top line car is no longer available. You DON"T GET what you paid for anymore.

I used to marvel at the Combo BMW and MB dealer in Massachusetts (off route 9,Foreign Motors West or something like that, I forget the name). On the BMW side, plastic chairs, drip coffee maker, little TV. No big deal. but.....

On BM side - leather coach, cappuccino machine with a guy running it, sandwiches, a massage table etc. (joking about the massage table, or am I).

It's no longer a big concern of mine. There are far more pressing issues in our culture than the GD service on a $100,000 car.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Last Friday/Saturday got an A8 3.0T 7AT NWB loaner which was smooth compared w/ A8 L 4.0T; a bit under powered but handling was A1; NWB allows for some great handling just like my '05 4.2 SWB- always testing the next 'value' Audi for the money//
S8 is too much $$$ !!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I let AOA know. My experience with AOA is that it's a waste of breath. I got the run around for 6 months on the DRC thing, I practically had to prove to AOA that there was a design flaw.
I hear ya. AOA wants you to spend thousands to prove it's their fault not yours. I've gotten tired of it and decided if it isn't covered under warranty and not a rela big issue then I'm not going to worry about it. They have a lot more money then I do to figure this sh#t out.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:45 PM
TK7
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting an s4 right now
Old 05-12-2015, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mike
Spark Plugs at 35K miles???!!!!

What decade are we in 1950?

Surely, the plugs in my S8 will go longer than 35k?! Shiza....
Old 05-13-2015, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have always received 2014/2015 Audi A8L or Audi A6 as service loaners.

Quick Reply: Dealer Loaners for A8 Customers