A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I couldn't find a forum that really matched, but have a Fidelity Warranty/

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I couldn't find a forum that really matched, but have a Fidelity Warranty/

And wondering if anyone turned in control arm bushings, or sway bar links? More importantly if claim was paid or rejected as normal wear?
I can't stand the squeaking when cold? Seems to all but go away after a hour of driving.thanks for any help. My fiancé bought car and don't want her to have expense first thing.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

If the issue is deemed to be a mechanical defect it should be covered in most of the plans. Check your policy to be sure. Here is Fidelity's website. (The Audi version should be the same)

Fidelity Warranty Services :: Brochures :: Vehicle Protection
Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I had Fidelity, and they rejected the claim. They said after 50k miles, it was considered normal wear and tear, even after pushing pretty hard on it. Part of the reason I sold the remainder of the warranty back to them.

Last edited by Jack88; 01-16-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jack88
I had Fidelity, and they rejected the claim. They said after 50k miles, it was considered normal wear and tear, even after pushing pretty hard on it. Part of the reason I sold the remainder of the warranty back to them.
From their website (Silver or higher plan) it includes coverage for these items:
"FRONT SUSPENSION

Upper and lower control arms, shafts and bushings; tension rods/radius arm and bushings; struts, housing and cartridge; spindle/steering knuckle and spindle support."

I checked their Silver contract and there is no limitation on these items for mileage or exclusion for wear and tear (Gold and Platinum plans are the same). Perhaps the coverage has changed since you had your plan. Fidelity has been known to make modifications from year to year to remain competitive.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
From their website (Silver or higher plan) it includes coverage for these items:
"FRONT SUSPENSION

Upper and lower control arms, shafts and bushings; tension rods/radius arm and bushings; struts, housing and cartridge; spindle/steering knuckle and spindle support."

I checked their Silver contract and there is no limitation on these items for mileage or exclusion for wear and tear (Gold and Platinum plans are the same). Perhaps the coverage has changed since you had your plan. Fidelity has been known to make modifications from year to year to remain competitive.
I had their platinum coverage, and it said in the brochure it was covered. However, on page 5 item 20 of exclusions from coverage in my contract, which I pulled out just for you guys , it says;
THE FAILURE OF A COVERED PART DUE TO A GRADUAL REDUCTION IN OPERATING PERFORMANCE AS A RESULT OF NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR FOR VEHICLES WITH 50,000 MILES OR GREATER. PARTS SUBJECT TO THIS PROVISION SHALL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: STEERING AND SUSPENSION BUSHINGS, BALL JOINTS, TIE ROD ENDS, STEERING AND SUSPENSION LINKS, AND STEERING ARMS.

If you read through the contract, the exclusions list is longer than if you were to list what it does include. Other things you'd be surprised they don't cover; Headlights, HVAC fan if you have solar sunroof, air bags, door handle assembly, and some other things. If a failed part that is covered damages other items as a result of it's failure, they will not cover those other items,(eg. a faulty sensor results in a poor running condition, taking out the injectors. They won't cover the injectors.)

I will never pay for an aftermarket warranty like that again.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These are VERY good things to know!
Old 01-16-2017, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

And that's why I've never purchased an extended warranty. I book the equivalent premium cost and invest it against any future repairs. So far, I'm ahead.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's mostly a selling feature. Especially on used.
It came with car when I bought it and had transferred. It did make me feel better having it. Case in point... It's a selling feature unless it's needed for something big that's covered. Then it's a life saver
Old 01-16-2017, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Not all warranties are created equal....there are many warranties that are much more comprehensive with minimal exclusions. The warranty people are referring to here is terrible in my opinion. The only way it makes sense is if it cost way less and is just to offer you peace of mind for catastrophic failures. Audi's extended warranty may be expensive, but at least it is actually covering things. I have never even seen a warranty the excludes ball joints as "wear and tear". Yikes. Pays to do your homework on purchases like this. Much better choices are out there.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Other than on a CPO, Audi does not offer an extended warranty of its own. The Audi dealers sell warranties administered and backed by Fidelity, i.e. the "Audi Pure Protection" plans.

Quick Reply: I couldn't find a forum that really matched, but have a Fidelity Warranty/