A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Audi and loving it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem finding simple things. I must have spent an hour or more trying to find out how to lift the car so the front bumper didn't hit parking curbs ... and finally gave up, posted it here and quickly got the answer...I should have been looking for 'raise' not 'lift'.

I assume it's because I drove S-Class leases for 21 years and there were similarities in all the models...but the Audi controls and the manual info was not as intuitive as I think it should be.

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
Absolutely logical to put the VOLUME under the TONE section of the menu. Sure. That is what I mean. I'm sure I'll get conditioned but it can be frustrating at times. That is about the only thing I find wrong with this vehicle though. Love to drive it just cruising down the interstate or being a little more aggressive on the back roads.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwrshift
I'm having the same problem finding simple things. I must have spent an hour or more trying to find out how to lift the car so the front bumper didn't hit parking curbs ... and finally gave up, posted it here and quickly got the answer...I should have been looking for 'raise' not 'lift'.

I assume it's because I drove S-Class leases for 21 years and there were similarities in all the models...but the Audi controls and the manual info was not as intuitive as I think it should be.
Maybe I am weird but, more than once I have sat in my A8L in the driveway just going through all the various buttons, ***** and functions to become more familiar with the car. Many of them I thought to be very logical and straightforward but others just absolutely baffled and defied logic of any sort (like using the tone control to access GPS volume). Most settings are of the set and forget variety thankfully but when something is awry or new, it can be a real learning experience to determine why and what to do to "fix it"!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Going through and figuring it all out is part of the adventure. Most of the settings available you will go through, fiddle with them a bit, get them where you like, and never touch them again. You'll keep finding new things for some time. For example, I didn't know the backseat had a special hook for a suit jacket until last week. I bought the car last July.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Retired and don't wear a suit, but really like the jacket hook.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's another one I haven't been able to find in the manual...

My turn signal sound is so low I can hardly hear it...isn't here a volume control for it?