A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Manual for D4

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service Manual for D4

Is there a service manual for the D4 that can be downloaded or purchased?

I need to disassemble part of the center console to tap the cigarette lighter for power (either the front or rear lighter), but I don't want to break any of the trim and covers.

I also need to run a wire through the firewall, and want to learn how to disassemble some of the components under the hood that currently hide the firewall.

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

...is that two sr or a panorama sr?
Old 05-01-2016, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidA
...is that two sr or a panorama sr?
Well, he means panorama, given there is no option for two proper full sunroofs.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Jack. I moved to Audi from BMW, and I'm a bit surprised at the lack of enthusiast in the Audi community. In the BMW community, there is such a wealth of technical information that I guess I took it for granted. There doesn't seem to be that deep enthusiasm amongst the Audi crowd; or maybe it's just the A8 crowd isn't the "turn your own wrench" type. As a result, I'm finding it hard to gather service information on this car.

I'm installing a Beltronics STi-R custom install radar detector, and need to 1) find a route through the firewall and 2) remove parts of the center console to expose the power wire to the cigarette lighter. I was hoping to find some details on how the center console was put together so I don’t pry on something that I shouldn’t.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ah, there's a lot of stuff that needs to come apart to remove the center console. A special tool is required to pop out the mmi controller and HVAC controller to access a couple of the screws. These should cover much of it. The piano trim pops off, just do it with care.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks again Jack. You are one of the rare A8 enthusiasts. I'm sorry to hear you sold your A8. I hope it gets replaced with something awesome down the road.

I may try to tap on of the rear cigarette lighters, as the seem easier to access. Can you share with me how to obtain the manual you got those images from?
Old 05-01-2016, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TimInNOVA
Thanks again Jack. You are one of the rare A8 enthusiasts. I'm sorry to hear you sold your A8. I hope it gets replaced with something awesome down the road.

I may try to tap on of the rear cigarette lighters, as the seem easier to access. Can you share with me how to obtain the manual you got those images from?
I used Alldatadiy. It's not the best manual, but I found it helpful on a number of occasions and it's a lot cheaper than most. A bit tricky to navigate at times, though. Use retailmenot for coupons, there are a number for one year subscriptions.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to dredge up such an old post but I am also looking for a good manual for a US A8 D4. Has anyone had any experience with the manuals from emanualonline.com? I also took a look at alldatadiy and was wondering if the above opinions have changed regarding the info on alldatadiy and if you feel the subscription is worth the money.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 581 Likes on 487 Posts

alldata remains spotty, but not much out there. Best is probably to do the ErWin short subscription and bulk download, but that starts with Windows. Since I use Mac only and have no interest in operating environments to remind me of Windows pain of yore, so far it is alldata for me. Having used it for D3 some, it was more complete there than for D4. Hopefully with time/as the car get older with more service demand, they add more content. Not very expensive, so at least its a start.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the service manuals I downloaded from a european site. Not sure if there are any differences.

Quick Reply: Service Manual for D4