A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS Mod for Heated Steering Wheel Temp D4 A8 S8

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone get the kick to open the trunk work for kick to close?
That would be helpful when unloading the trunk just as much as loading it ...
Old 02-25-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

MP4,

When can I come by and get my steering wheel heat turned up?!
Old 02-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heated steeing

Could someone tell what i need to get access to change the parameters for Steering wheel temp and such? (i am talking about software and hardware)
Thank you
Old 02-25-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by grkwolf
Could someone tell what i need to get access to change the parameters for Steering wheel temp and such? (i am talking about software and hardware)
Thank you
Ross-Tech: Home
Old 02-25-2017, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

just that for 199 and download the software?
Old 02-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Could you tell me if this would work ?
I am sorry i am newto audi scene i always use bwm software and i just switched cars.thank you for your help.

NEWEST ! VAG 16.8 HEX CAN Cable Interface Audi VW Seat Skoda ACTIVATED FULL ! | eBay
Old 02-25-2017, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 582 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by grkwolf
Could you tell me if this would work ?
I am sorry i am newto audi scene i always use bwm software and i just switched cars.thank you for your help.

NEWEST ! VAG 16.8 HEX CAN Cable Interface Audi VW Seat Skoda ACTIVATED FULL ! | eBay
Basically, take the $55 and flush it down toilet or burn it. Question and today's fake bargain looked at thousands of times BTW. No doubt they skim a percentage of marks. There is NO price end run on the web, so surf until tired--or conned. If it is not the $200, and any of this "cheap stuff," better spent on a fun evening.

First, that is basically a lead in to pirated use of VCDS (Ross-Tech) software. Or, using their stripped freeware stuff perhaps that I don't imagine will allow recoding anyway. The pirate stuff isn't permitted by AW site terms of use anyway--and from a 10 second glance to confirm the usual the reference to "full" seems like that. Second, a good percentage of time something doesn't work. Zero tech support, or rather call 1-800-China Junk. Oops, I mean the Finnish seller I see in this ad. Or perhaps their likely First Bank of Volgagrad mail drop. Attn: Long Lost Czar heir. In BitCoin. Or better, try it and first hiccup or oops or something freezes, now what? Ross Tech tells you, sorry, not our registered cable. I tell you, no idea, call the 800 number or Ebay or the Czar guy. So, do you really want to do what I outlined below with a "cheap, trust us" no one supports? Look at my newest trunk open+close remote one to amp up the complexity excitement another half magnitude. I can think of lots of bad analogies... Blown modules are hundreds to thousands for some fear of God, though most likely outcome is you just hang yourself in fleeced frustration with the otherwise quasi worthless wire for serious stuff.

So yes, $200 for the genuine from your earlier ask. Cable at $200 now gets you several cars worth and all upgrades going forward. The cable is basically a dongle and communications tie to laptop all in one, and functions as the permanent hardware key for the software no matter what computer you later use it with. The cable is the protected lock, not a software key on any given computer. And precisely why the Ebay end run cable idea is a dead end. BTW, when you get the legit cable and use the software, you will likely have the scales fall from tired BMW eyes given the crap I saw looking at BMW/Mini software in past. Almost line editor laughable stuff last I looked like I used to see on DEC PDP8 minicomputers circa early 80's, and high priced.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 02-25-2017 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I, too, feel the steering wheel leaves a little to be desired. Interestingly, on the VCDS my stored value is 34 C. I have a 2017 A8. I think the problem is that when it hits its set values, the amps go to zero and wheel cools off. It seems that it just hits the temp once and thats it. Any ideas how to keep it there? It gets cold in WI!
The following users liked this post:
Golan Remi (10-18-2020)
Old 01-25-2018, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have VCDS, how do I get to this screen (adjust wheel heat) to adjust?...Thanks

Last edited by Flats; 01-25-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if my 2015 A6 (c7) prestige w/o cold weather package can get an easy to install.... aftermarket upgrade to get the "heated steering wheel" with my existing 3-spoke steering wheel with the * where the heated steering wheel icon is?

Tks,

Quick Reply: VCDS Mod for Heated Steering Wheel Temp D4 A8 S8