Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth?

I apologize if this subject has been beat to death, but after a lot of searching here and over on quattroworld, I'm still not sure on the right info. Basically, I am just looking to see if there is any way to get some bluetooth functionality in my 97 A6 without hacking up a bunch of stuff and/or replacing the current stock Delta CC head unit. I know these cars had mobile phone functionality at one time, so I think there would be a mic somewhere- and clearly there are speakers... I'm mainly thinking of phone functionality rather than music.. any thoughts? Can't be as simple as using one of those lighter-socket plug in units, can it?
Old 05-24-2016, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

The solution I used was a Bluetooth that plugs into the cassette player. Works very well. Holds a charge a long time and fills the slot in the radio we never use anymore.

Amazon.com: Ion Audio Cassette Adapter Bluetooth Music Receiver for Cassette Decks: Musical Instruments Amazon.com: Ion Audio Cassette Adapter Bluetooth Music Receiver for Cassette Decks: Musical Instruments
Old 05-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you, sir... I'm beginning to think there isn't anything you don't know about the A6...

So this one uses it's own microphone I noticed. How's the call quality? Any thoughts on those cigarette lighter versions? Would that actually pick up the in-car microphone, do you think?
Old 05-24-2016, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

I dont know about the cigarette lighter models..other than the cigarette lighter socket on my cars can be unreliable..and a coin trap if the element is left out. Don't know if they would work thought the built in Audi mic. Probably not.

Call quality with the Ion is very good. I leave the unit in the radio slot "off" and when a call comes in..just push the unit into the radio..and it turns on and connects the call. The mic is on a wire that remains outside the unit and no complaints from my callers..they hear me fine. When the call is over..eject the Ion and it turns off..and resume listening to the radio.

I can also pipe music from my phone to the radio with the Ion. The trick is..keep the volume down on the phone and let the radio volume adjust for best play. If the phone volume is set too high you get distortion.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ahh... perfect. You answered another question before I asked it, which was how to best have it in the "only have it on when I need it.." mode. Clearly just pushing in the cassette when necessary solves it.. I think I'm sold... Thanks again!