How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi BLH1959,
I appreciate your comments. Yes, my plan is to keep my car for a few more years. My original plan was to keep it until at least 200,000 on the odometer, but given that I put fewer than 10,000 miles a year, that may be unrealistic as things deteriorate because of age rather than use. Last spring, for the first time, my air conditioning needed recharging, the dealer did not have the equipment to recharge R125 coolant. The dealer advised me that a refit of compressor (that uses the newer coolant) was impossible because of availability of the kit and the possibility of a huge labor bill because they have no idea what's involved in making the modification. I did have to go to another shop which had the correct equipment (and coolant), but that's an example of the older car issues. I have to keep reminding myself that fixing it is still cheaper than car payments every month.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Our 100S has 250000 miles on it. Around 60,000 we replaced water pump. Was in a flood and got new electronics under back seat. New battery but no repairs other than that until now. Forum helped us locate the tap with non-retention valves...fixed it. Leak in the Valley Pan fixed it. Replaced EGR valve and all the hoses. We are doing it ourselves. The local Audi dealer tells us they dont' work on a 1992. We get our parts from World Impex. They understand the differences in parts for the same part number. They can get original parts which is all we will put in our vehicle. We would NEVER go to a dealership.. Besides they can't even do an oil change without braking something!!!!!!! Our Audi KNOWS when there is something wrong or an after market part (such as an oil filter). It will let us know what it doesn't like. We love our car...won't ever get rid of it.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Laura
Our 100S has 250000 miles on it. Around 60,000 we replaced water pump. Was in a flood and got new electronics under back seat. New battery but no repairs other than that until now. Forum helped us locate the tap with non-retention valves...fixed it. Leak in the Valley Pan fixed it. Replaced EGR valve and all the hoses. We are doing it ourselves. The local Audi dealer tells us they dont' work on a 1992. We get our parts from World Impex. They understand the differences in parts for the same part number. They can get original parts which is all we will put in our vehicle. We would NEVER go to a dealership.. Besides they can't even do an oil change without braking something!!!!!!! Our Audi KNOWS when there is something wrong or an after market part (such as an oil filter). It will let us know what it doesn't like. We love our car...won't ever get rid of it.
I noticed your post. I need to replace our 94 CS 100 water pump and timing belt. Can you tell me what tools you used in order to replace your water pump? Thank you for your time.
Sincerly
Sean Mansfield
Old 05-08-2011, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by blh1959
Picked ours up almost two years ago with 59,000 original miles, now pushing 88,000. Pearl white with gray leather. Changed TB right off, replaced door molding do to deterioration. Daily driver, not my B5 S4Avant (sunny weather car)got to plant the foot to get it off the line, this car cruises nice. Did a recent run from Olympia, WA. to San Francisco, CA. car ran great no issues stepped out with minimal road fatigue. Return trip was good through some rain and nasty weather. Fuel mileage could be better, have almost squeezed 23 to the gallon. Like the roomy engine compartment saves on labor costs if you need to take it in to a shop and it is easier to work on yourself if so inclined.
I have 94 cs 100 quatro sedan with a seized water pump. I bought a new Bosch water pump on Amazon for 7.99-- score! I also have a replacment timing belt. I have looked every where to figure out what tools I need to replace the belt & pump. No Chiltons manual for this. only the Bently DVD-- cost prohibiting.
Can any one tell me the tools needed to replace the pump? Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's in the FAQ: http://forums.quattroworld.com/a6100/msgs/3.phtml

You need some special holding tools to align everything while you swap the belt. Make sure you do the thermostat and the tensioner too.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 1992 Audi 100 in Pearl white. I love my car...I've owned it since 1998 when I graduated from college. There are a few cosmetic things I'd love to have fixed, but never seem to have the cash to spend on it. I'm just over 205,000 miles & the mechanic said I can easily make it to 300,000! Its a little small now that I have 3 kids in carseats but I still prefer to drive it over my husband's suv.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default new user :)

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am a proud owner of a 1994 Audi 100 cs quattro. My Audi story starts with a pearl white 1990 audi 90 auto black leather interior. These cars are really ahead of their time and I loved the 5 cylinder engine, of course like many of us there were problems but nothing too serious until now...I actually still have the car but it needs a new tranny. This brings me to the 100, about a month ago I found an ad "94 audi quattro $1500". I called the number and the lady told me that its a 2.0 A4 and that it was metallic blue with grey leather interior. I doubted her knowledge of these cars and was very interested in seeing it as I searched the web for the odd combination; year/model/engine and found weird results. To my surprise it was an Audi 100, engine was running smooth transmission is shifting smooth and properly all wheel drive was also smooth diff locker was working fine....everything! So now I was checking everything because it seemed too good to be true. Turns out that the heater core was no good and a mechanic had looped the hose to allow it to be driven, the driver power seat doesn't work and there was an exhaust leak. I reviewed all the problems and discussed with her. I ended up getting the car for $750 and man was I happy. This engine is alot easier to work on than the 90 and I knew I could do all the repairs myself. Here I am now and just waiting for some heater core hoses, new core has been installed back in the vent assembly and in the car. I cannot wait til i get it on the road and take a nice long drive. I feel so right in the driver seat of this car.
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just picked up a 1992 Audi 100 CS Quatto 5 Speed for free. Runs and all, 222k on the clock. Has some seriously strange electrical issues im sorting out, like it kills the battery fast when you shut off the car, locks and windows roll themselves up. Odd....but the plus is the clutch is good and the glass is good, the leathers intact and the body is straight.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey there,
AUDI 100 2.0E ABK engine, C4 chasis....
Old 10-16-2011, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default AUDI 100 2.0E ABK ENGINE, 1994, C4 CHASIS

Hi to all...I am new here. Got the car 2 years ago. I am in love, but also have problem for about 2 yeras, and still cant solve.
After I read everything about engine hesitation between 1200 and 1800 rev's and checking the relay 31, also theplugs and cables, and also the idle valve, and MAF I gave up. Went to a garage on a VAG and find 2 errors: Lambda sensor and coolant temperature sensor. What now? Where they r? R they expensive?
Thanks, if you just read this ))))

Quick Reply: How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?