Need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my mechanic got it up on hoist and found it, of course, needs brakes front and rear. It also needs the upper ball joint or rear upper tie rod on left and right. With all the parts I'm looking at $1,500 now. Of course $386/ea of that is for the front UFO brake rotor replacement. I recall reading there is a smart replacement that will yield near similar to OEM braking performance- and this is using all OEM parts. It would also require replacing the road wheels with 16" or 17". I can't for the life of me recall where I read about them- any help from someone. I also need rear rotors but I think I'll go with Zimmerman for them. Those are the major parts, the rest of it is smaller stuff like CV joint boot, and rear camber adjuster tie rod upper ball joint or what ever it is called. Any input is appreciated.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Re:Need HELP

It appears the problem is probably in the filter of the system. You can also try and change the thermostat. It would be best if you can take it to a mechanic. AC Repair Miami can provide you the best solutions for any kind of AC problem.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Hoser1943
Well my mechanic got it up on hoist and found it, of course, needs brakes front and rear. It also needs the upper ball joint or rear upper tie rod on left and right. With all the parts I'm looking at $1,500 now. Of course $386/ea of that is for the front UFO brake rotor replacement. I recall reading there is a smart replacement that will yield near similar to OEM braking performance- and this is using all OEM parts. It would also require replacing the road wheels with 16" or 17". I can't for the life of me recall where I read about them- any help from someone. I also need rear rotors but I think I'll go with Zimmerman for them. Those are the major parts, the rest of it is smaller stuff like CV joint boot, and rear camber adjuster tie rod upper ball joint or what ever it is called. Any input is appreciated.
you're most likely thinking about a UFO to G60 conversion, You can do a google search on "ufo to G60 brake conversion".

Last edited by audiqv8; 02-12-2015 at 10:45 AM.