New Cabrio owner here so excited for build + some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cabrio owner here so excited for build + some questions

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share an update, i am still going strong with Audi, i recently traded my 90 for a b5 s4 stage 3, and then from that traded for an acura + cash. Well i am happy to announce that i am again a happy audi owner with my new to me 1998 Cabriolet! it is a dark purple blue and runs great.

Now, i will be opening a seperate build thread in the fall, when i will be storing this car to do the build i want, which will be a 1.8t manual swap with k04 turbo, suspension refresh and maybe a TT steering rack. In the meantime though i plan on dailying this car as the AC works and its clean enough to drive. There are a couple of things i want to fix because i am a perfectionist :P

1. Window off track, my front drivers window is off track, and i cant find how to get the door panel off, anyone know how to do this in the cabriolet?

2.Central locking, does not engage at all. I replaced the relay, checked the fuse (i think) and still no engagement at all from the pump. Pump does not kick in, so i think it may be electrical at this point. None of the locks seem to engage the pump. Cool thing though,this car came with BOTH orginal keys and BOTH fobs!!

3. seat covers, leather is destroyed, but that doesnt bother me. Does anyone know where i can get seat covers for the back seat? do the VW Cabrio seats fit into this car?

Thats really it for now, car is fantastic despite those little items. I will post pictures in the AM, thank you for any help that can be given!