Scammer Jaredd Tilford on Audifans

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by xXMattXx
This douchebag stole my 97 A6 AAN Vems setup. I have some info on him but not much. Last known location was CO Springs as of last summer.
Wow...you just resurrected a thread that's almost 10 years old! Is the scammer still alive

But in all seriousness, please share details...since we all hate folks that scam good, hard-working VAG owners.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol i know! Very old thread. I was just sitting here thinking of my old cars, and figured I would google his name and a few posts came up.

Jared Tilford responded to a for sale add i posted for a 97 A6 avant, urs6 swapped with VEMs, brand new k26 and other goodies 4/2016. Said he had a B5 S4 6speed, low miles with some goodies that he wanted to trade. As i already have a built 90 AAN and had a 4k at the time, I figured wth why not.

He brought the S4 up from Co Springs after saying how he needed to "finish up" a few things on the car. It ran and drove fine. While gathering a few parts I said I would include in the trade, I had my spouse verify the dash VIN matched the title-which it did. He was in a hurry and I had some things to take care of so he departed in a hurry, didnt even want my title or Bill of sale because i would have had to go pick it up. Later that night when I was tinkering on the S4 I noticed the door jams had all their VINs removed, as well as the VIN stamped on the firewall. Idiot didnt take the VIN off the trunk by the spare... so long story short VINs didnt match up, one of the VINs for the S4 belonged to a credit union out of PA, the other had no info;neither reported stolen however.

I attempted to get my avant back that night, but my efforts were futile. Reported it to local authorities, a Detective S. Mehle, who didnt seem to concerned or worried with my troubles was assigned my case. Pretty much the only contact we had was him calling me back 3 Months AFTER my avant was took saying he hasnt been able to dig up anything on a Jared Tilford out of Co Springs.

Ended up selling the S4 with no title for a 1/10th of what the avant was worth. Gave the buyer Tilfords information and the Detectives... getting a bonded title for that car would have been a nightmare, but luckily for me it was never reported stolen and I got a little bit of cash back.

Last edited by snagitseven; 02-06-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Jesus Christ. Unbelievable. I mean. What do these guys think?!?! Has he been caught?
Old 01-18-2017, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Hate scammers like this...glad you posted this thread and the details. Perhaps it'll assist someone in the future from getting torched.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaking of scammers....

I saw this thread and had to read it. I got screwed over by a guy and posted it up on here about 10-ish years ago too. Audi 4000 Quattro. Paid for the car online, flew from Boise to Reno and picked it up late at night, in the winter. He 'threw in' some free seat covers and a free bra and had even installed them for me before I got there. What a great guy! Of course, he didn't tell me that the seats were shot or the nose was caved in. Couldn't tell at night, but, from the pics he had posted the car looked brand new. Of course, I found out later that those were the pics he took when he first bought the car. Anyway...nothing could be done. I still remember that smug punk's name though.... Rado Szittyai . The ***** even dropped me a line about a year later, thinking he was clever and disguising himself as another person, asking if I'd ever caught up with the guy who ripped me off. Basically taunting me. It's going to be a really cold dish he'll be getting one of these days...
Old 02-06-2017, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

This thread just illustates that when dealing with unknown individuals it's "buyer beware". One must do due diligence and research before jumping in and if there is any doubt, especially if the deal seems too good to be true, pass.