DEBRIS in your OIL ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 AM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEBRIS in your OIL ? ? ?

What do you think this PIC.? This device (P-3) into the engine side of holder for oil filter (push in) and replace the filter and drive to next oil service.
No mater what brand of oil filter you used, this magnet catch the debris from circulate oil, oil pumps suck the oil and push it through oil filter to the entire lubrication system then you will see the debris if you use this kind stuff. Turbo Charger and any engine never like “DEBRIS” that cause secondary wear to internal parts and I hope that your engine run with super condition to forever.
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm kinda skeptic about that setup, first of all, it causes obstruction in the oil flow (At least in my opinion, i would just mount a magnet in the drain plug. oil starvation may cause some series damage.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:03 PM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Does anything else catch the debris with paper filter? or.
It's worth to see another Pic. that has same condition. You will know better than you though, this debris circulate all the time even you use the best O/Filter and oil(synthetic too) with out knowing and only knows when Turbo? broken down or leaking oil from turbo shaft and (or) clogged pipe etc. How much do you spent for replacement of Turbo when need? or debris turned out to sludge build up in your engine that we don't like or don't want to see them I think.

This truck has a magnet on drain plug and collect larger debris than on picture of cause.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 PM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Hear another picture.
Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2014, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is that you who doesnt change the filter at oil change?
i can look it up...
Old 09-08-2014, 08:53 AM
x19
AudiWorld Member

I will update with another picture for your Q that I'm using currently.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:15 PM
x19
AudiWorld Member

Here again,
That is an insert type (P-3 or P-2) and reusable after clean the magnets when change the oil and oil.
On other type that I was putting on our Forum from before is one unit looks like a conventional filter that has “three Strong Permanent Magnets” inside of housing instead of using paper. No paper using no clogging problem that I believe. You can do oil service at any mileage but when you use this stuff, you will probably see the cleaned oil in few thousand mile driving and more hopefully. My case is just keep topping off oil when need since installed few years ago. ( This car had 51.000 miles driving without change oil.)

“ SPM ” (three Strong Permanent Magnets)
This is made of the unique disposition and configuration of a magnet, and it removes the detailed iron powder(debris) in OIL. This material will make the second frictional wear that we all know that why every engine need cleaned oil. Who can do this job? What do you think? x19
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2014, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could also just place a strong magnet on the outside of the filter which will hold any metal shavings inside the filter till your next change.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by egp320i
You could also just place a strong magnet on the outside of the filter which will hold any metal shavings inside the filter till your next change.
;-) im with you on this
also are they taking in to accountability that oil disintegrates and brakes up with use and time? there is a reason why everyone says to change the oil first after a vihacle has sat for a while
Old 11-18-2014, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I do like the idea of a new device for cleaning oil but regular on time oil changes do work the best. I typically only go 2,000mi on my vehicles before I do oil changes. I had a Toyota Celica which I did a whole lot of research on Magnetic Drain plugs. I spent $75 for a oil plug and a transmission plug at this place MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUGS I sold the car and the guy probably didn't even know they were on there. I did have a sticker on the back window though hopefully whoever has that car now appreciates the effort.

I am not affiliated with Dimple I am a customer who went a step into obsession but I was satisfied with the result.

My point is on that website is "Black Holes" which are extremely strong magnets that hold on to the outside of the oil filter and grab any magnetic metallic debris and can be easily removed and installed onto the new oil filter. When I do oil changes as frequently as I do there really isn't a whole lot of debris that gets trapped but I do admit, it is there and I'm sure it is terrible for the engine.

I received criticism for replacing my transmission drain plug with a magnetic one from a shop owner. He claimed "Because synchros are made of brass, you wont find any magnetic debris in the transmission" but there were a few particles on the drain plug when I checked. I think the gears are made of a magnetic metal and when they wear down they give off particles.

I wonder if there will ever be ways to help the cleaning process of the Coolant System. My RX7 has a ton of rust in the system and I don't think just a new radiator will fix that issue.

Quick Reply: DEBRIS in your OIL ? ? ?